Admissions to Babson College have a 27% acceptance rate, with a 23.7 percent early acceptance rate. Babson College accepts about half of the applicants with SAT scores between 1270 and 1450 or ACT scores between 27 and 32.
However, one-quarter of those who were admitted had scores that were higher than these, while the other one-quarter had scores that were lower. Babson College has a Jan. 2 application deadline and a $75 application fee.
For the past 19 years, U.S. News and World Report have ranked Babson College as the best school for entrepreneurship education in the country.
With its high-level business education programs and innovative entrepreneurship courses, this school is ranked 34th among the nation’s best colleges (among the country’s top 50).
How much does it cost to study at Babson College?
Total Estimated Costs
|Room (average double)||$11,910|
|Books and Supplies (average)||$1,218|
|Federal Direct Loan Fees (average)||$50|
|Total Estimated Cost of Attendance||$76,410|
1 Includes the use of a Babson-issued laptop computer.
|Health Insurance (see below)||8/10/21 – 8/9/22||$1,579|
|Per-credit tuition rate 2021–2022 (for approved tuition adjustments)||Each credit||$1,717|
|Summer 2021 tuition||Each credit||$1,692|
|Winter Session 2022 tuition||Each credit||$1,717|
|Summer 2022 tuition||Each credit||$1,717|
|Returned check fee||$50|
|Late payment fee||$200|
|Babson OneCard replacement||$20|
|Senior year deposit1||$200|
1 Refunded after Commencement, assuming the account is settled.
What is the Acceptance Rate at Babson College?
Babson College admissions have an acceptance rate of 27% and an early acceptance rate of 23.7%. Half the applicants admitted to Babson College have an SAT score between 1270 and 1450 or an ACT score of 27 and 32.
In essence, the college only admits less than 30 percent of all the students who applied for admission in its college.
The acceptance rate at Babson college is quite selective. This is evident in the percentage of students admitted in 2020 (Fall).
Babson College Admission Requirements
Note, Babson University looks after your skills, your tests (optional), your creativity, your leadership, and your passion; your entire academic year.
Admission Requirements for the first year
- You have to take 4 to 5 Math, English, Laboratory, Social Science and Foreign Language courses a year.
- The transcript, GED, or equivalent must be submitted. You should indicate your transcript that your high school has been well completed at the academic level.
Admission requirements for transfer students at Babson College
- To be eligible for transfer, you need to have completed at least one semester of study before the transfer application deadline.
- You are expected to submit a completed transfer application
- You are to submit an Official transcript: a college/university transcript and a final high school transcript. The transcript must show the grades for a full course load at the time of application.
What GPA do you need to get into Babson College?
The average GPA for Babson College is 3.15. GPA is required for Babson College. At present, Babson College is selective. But be aware that, in the hope of increasing ‘prestige,’ schools often increase their selectivity in this GPA range We can’t read the minds of applications from Babson College, but probably want to raise the average GPA this year from 3.15 to 3.31. We recommend pursuing a GPA of 3.31.
*NOTE: GPA and Prestige DO NOT mean that you don’t have a college that’s right for you. Babson University may appear awesome on paper, but maybe you hate that…
That is why every year 700,000 students move colleges – they go to the wrong school. It is important to watch CampusReel videos and ensure you can imagine yourself on the campus of Babson College. These statistics on admission to the Babson college don’t tell you enough about what a college or college is like.
How to get into Babson College
Follow these steps to maximize your opportunities to enter Babson College. Anything you read above will help you prepare for what you need to do to get a shot at Babson College, but these steps will lead you even further into the application and differentiation of that knowledge.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Babson College admission standards.
- Score at least a 1270 on the SAT or 71 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Babson College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Babson College values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Wellesley has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Babson College wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school – they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Wellesley area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Babson College needs to see past your test scores and grades – they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores – your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Babson College something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Babson College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Babson College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause – submit your app a few days early.
FAQs on Babson College Acceptance Rate
rate of 23.7%. Half the applicants admitted to Babson College have an SAT score between 1270 and 1450 or an ACT score of 27 and 32.
Babson College requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. If you are submitting your test scores, kindly note that the previously admitted students had scored between 1270 and 1450 for SAT, and between 27 and 32 for the ACT. You should aim between 1330-1490 for the SAT.
Babson admissions are very selective with an acceptance rate of 26%. Students that get into Babson have an average SAT score between 1270-1450 or an average ACT score of 27-32.
The average GPA for Babson College is 3.15. We recommend pursuing a GPA of 3.31.
The annual list price to attend Babson College on a full-time basis for 2021/2022 is $76,410 for all students regardless of their residency. This fee is comprised of $54,944 for tuition, $11,910 room and board, $1,218 for books and supplies and $8,338 for other fees. Out-of-state tuition for Babson College is $52,608, the same as Massachusetts residents.
Feel free to visit Babson college website for more information- https://www.babson.edu/about/