Boise State University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Boise State University was established in 1932 as a public university. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 20,788 students (fall 2020), is located in the city, and covers 285 acres. The academic calendar is semester-based. In the 2023 edition of Best Colleges, Boise State University is ranked #299-#391 in National Universities. In-state students’ tuition and fees are $8,068; tuition and fees for out-of-state students are $24,988.
Boise State University is in the western section of Idaho, in the state’s capital. Around 170 academic programs are available to Boise State students, including many master’s degrees in business, teaching, and art. The nation’s only degree in raptor biology, through which students explore birds of prey, and a connection with the United States Air Force Research Laboratory, which serves as a fantastic resource for studying microelectronics, are just a few of Boise State’s distinctive academic aspects.
Students can participate in over 200 campus groups, study abroad in over 50 countries, or attend one of the numerous annual school events, such as Earth Week and the International Food, Song, and Dance Festival, outside of the classroom. Students can also visit Boise State’s outstanding athletic facilities, such as the leisure center, a 7,200-square-foot rock wall, and Bronco Stadium, a famous bluegrass football field. Intramural sports are available to students, or they can try out for one of the almost 20 varsity teams that compete in the NCAA Division I Mountain West Conference.
Boise State University Rankings
- #299-#391 in National Universities
- #46 in Most Innovative Schools (tie)
- #249 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
Boise State University Acceptance Rate
Boise State University has a 77 percent acceptance rate. An SAT score of 1030 to 1210 or an ACT score of 21 to 26 is required for admission to Boise State University. However, one-fourth of approved applicants received scores higher than these ranges, while the other quarter received lower scores. The deadline for applications is August 1st, and the application price for Boise State University is $50.
Boise State University Transfer Acceptance Rate
In previous years, Boise State received 2956 transfer applications. The school accepted 2410 students. So, the transfer acceptance rate for Boise State is 81.53%. This shows how relatively easy it is to get a transfer to Boise State University.
Boise State University Tuition & Financial Aid
In-state tuition at Boise State University is $8,068; out-of-state tuition is $24,988. Boise State University is less expensive than the national average in-state tuition, $11,331. The tuition is less expensive for out-of-state students than the national average of $27,028 for out-of-state tuition.
Tuition and fees, generally known as the sticker price, are included in these statistics. Library services, student exercise facilities, student centers, technology resources, and campus health centers may all be covered by fees, which vary by university. Consider the overall cost and the net price when comparing the costs of different institutions. The total price includes the sticker price, housing and board, books and supplies, transportation, and personal expenditures.
The total cost of attending Boise State University is $25,550 for in-state students and $42,470 for out-of-state students. The net price is the average cost after financial assistance and scholarships are deducted from the overall cost, which is $36,791 for out-of-state students and $19,093 for in-state students receiving need-based help.
Transfer Application Requirements
- Minimum GPA: Regular admission will be granted if you have obtained at least 14 transferable credits and a cumulative GPA of 2.25 or better. You will be admitted with normal status if you have an AA/ASor or are core certified and have a 2.00 GPA.
- Official Transcripts: It is necessary to submit authentic college transcripts. You may be needed to submit your high school transcripts if you have fewer than 14 transferred semester credits.
- SAT Scores: If you are under 21 and have fewer than 14 transferred semester credits, you must submit your SAT/ACT scores.
- Letters of Recommendation: BSU does not publish a requirement for a letter of recommendation.
- Essay: BSU does not specify whether or not an essay must be submitted. There is no such request on the application form.
- Application Fee: There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Interview: BSU does not publish a requirement for an interview.
- Associates Degree Required: You will be deemed “core certified” if you have achieved an associate degree from a regionally accredited college. This implies that you’ve completed all of your lower-division general education classes at Boise and are eligible to transfer as a junior.
Transfer Credit Policy
- Minimum Grade: A “C” is the minimum grade required for credit transfer.
- Credits (Min/Max): To transfer, you must have a minimum of 14 credits. According to university rules, only 70 credits of community college transfer work can be used for graduation. Boise State University must complete 30 of the 36 credits required for a baccalaureate degree.