As you consider your desire to study in the capital city of British Columbia on Vancouver Island, you can also remain calm as you follow the simple steps to apply to Camosun College, Canada.
In fact, Victoria, British Columbia, is one of the best cities to study as a Canadian international student.
Victoria is among the best cities in Canada for young professionals. The province of BC has an approximate population of 367,000. If you are new to Victoria, you will be able to cope with its mild climate.
Additionally, Victoria, BC was voted the friendliest city in Canada. In this regard, you can improve your career, study comfortably and safely with the security of living among ardent members of the community.
About Camosun College, Canada
Founded in 1971, Camosun College is a public post-secondary community college located in Victoria, British Columbia (BC), Canada. The college has 2 campuses within Victoria, which are located in Lansdowne and Interurban. The Camosun College logo is simply drawn in green.
Camosun College has existed for more than 59 years. The public tertiary institution has up to 160 programs and accepts applications for admission from college students to learn through their college transfer, upgrade, and preparation, as well as to earn certifications in various areas of study.
Camosun College also offers various applied apprenticeships to its students. Among which are study abroad, cooperative and professional services, the South Island association and apprenticeships.
Furthermore, Camosun College offers a wide variety of programs in Business, Sports and Exercise Education, Health and Human Services, Engineering and Technology, and Arts and Sciences.
They carry out teaching practices in small classes of 30 to 40 students.
Camosun College Programs and Courses
As an international applicant to Camosun College, you have the privilege of choosing your preferred program from over 160 available programs.
These programs can help you build your portfolio, enhance your expertise, and make you an expert in the field.
- Academic Upgrading
- Accounting and Finance
- Adventure Education
- Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Applied Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Apprentice Training
- Archaeological Field Assistant
- Arts and Science Studies
- Athletic & Exercise Therapy
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation
- Basic English as a Second Language
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Bridge Watch Rating Program
- Building Employment Success for Tomorrow
- Human Resource Management & Leadership
- Business Administration
- Business Administration, Certificate
- Business Administration, Diploma
- Business Administration, Diploma – Finance
- Business Administration, Diploma – General Management
- Business Administration, Diploma – Marketing
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Accounting
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – General Management
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Human Resource Management & Leadership
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Marketing
- Carpentry Foundation
- Certified Dental Assistant
- Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Civil Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Civil Engineering Technology Access
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Clean Energy and Efficient Building
- College Prep
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Community, Family and Child Studies
- Computer and Engineering Technician Access
- Computer Network Electronics Support Technician
- Computer Network Electronics Technician
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Digital Communication
- Digital Production, Writing and Design
- Early Learning and Care
- Education Assistant and Community Support
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Bridge to UVic
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Marine & Industrial
- Electrical Foundation
- Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology – Renewable Energy
- Electronics and Computer Engineering Access
- Employment Preparation
- Engineering Graphics Technician
- Engineering Transfer
- English for Academic Purposes
- Environmental Technology
- Exercise & Wellness
- Fine Furniture/Joinery Trades Foundation
- General Arts
- General Science
- Health Care Assistant – ESL
- Health Care Assistant – Indigenous
- Health Care Assistant
- Heavy Mechanical Foundation
- Horticulture Technician
- Hospitality Management
- Indigenous College Prep
- Indigenous Family Support
- Indigenous Peoples in Trades Training
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computer Systems Technician
- Information and Computer Systems Technologist
- Interactive Media Developer Technician
- Interactive Media Developer Technologist
- Interprofessional Mental Health and Addictions
- Legal Office Assistant
- Maker to Market
- Massage Therapy
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge to UVic
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Access
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Radiography
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Mental Health, Addictions, and Criminal Justice
- Mining Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Multi-Industry Trades Exploration & Employment
- Music Creativity and Performance Foundations
- Music Performance
- Music Technologies
- Nautical Training
- Occupations Launch
- Office Administration
- Plumbing and Pipe Trades Foundation
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Social Work
- Professional Cook
- Public Administration
- Public Administration
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic Foundation
- Sector-Specific Employment Training
- Sheet Metal & Metal Fabrication Foundation
- Sport and Fitness Leadership
- Exercise & Wellness Specialization
- Sport Management
- Sport Management
- University Transfer
- Visual Arts
- Welder Foundation
- Women in Trades Training
Admission Requirements of Camosun College
It is quite easy to apply for admission to Camosun College, Canada. They take advantage of a 2-part application process for international applicants.
Your application process consists of EducationPlannerBC, as well as the collection and submission of supporting documents.
Therefore, you must first apply online through EducationPlannerBC. You can then go ahead to submit your supporting documents to [email protected]
Also, be sure to write down your application number and save your electronic payment receipt.
Part One: EducationPlannerBC
1. Confirm the availability of the program you are requesting.
Although Camosun College offers 160 programs to its students, you must confirm whether your preferred one is among the available programs.
2. Provide a proof of English language proficiency
Camosun College will primarily request proof of your English language skills. You are required to make provisions for one of the following;
- Completion of British Columbia Provincial English Exams 12 or English Studies 12 with a C + or higher
- a recognized Pathway Partner certificate
- External assessment of English language proficiency
- External assessment of English language proficiency (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
- Camosun College will request a valid proof of English language proficiency not exceeding 2 years. This is because most language tests expire after 2 years.
On the other hand, an alternative is to request the English update to qualify for the English language proficiency test requirements.
The following are English language proficiency tests that are accepted by Camosun College Canada.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): You need an academic IELTS score of 6.0 overall
- overall (no subscores less than 6.0)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): An Internet-based test score of 78 overall (no secondary scores less than 19)
- Pearson Test of English, Academic (PTE Academic): PTE academic score of 54 overall (no secondary score less than 50)
- Cambridge English tests: C1 Advanced score of 174 overall (no subscores less than 169)
- Canadian Test of Academic English Language (CAEL): CE CAEL score of 60 overall (no secondary score less than 60)
- Duolingo English Test: Test score of 105 for general admission to various certificate and diploma programs, including Bachelor of Business Administration programs.
(This does not apply to Nursing and other programs that have to do with health).
3. Additionally, you need a score of 115 on the Duolingo English test to enter all of the major graduate and undergraduate programs at the Camosun College Center for Sport and Exercise Education.
GTEC: An overall computer-based test score of 1200 (minimum subscores: reading = 325, writing = 270, speaking = 260, listening = 335)
4. Start your application for admission
Submission Deadlines for International Applicants Outside of Canada
These are the deadlines for submitting supporting documents for Camosun College international applicants who are still in their home country.
Tuition and Fees
Here are the estimated fees you must pay for each semester at Camosun College. Do note that the amount are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Tuition (based on 5 courses): $7,595
Non-instructional fees: $246
Student Benefit Plan: $278
Candada is arguably the best region to study in the world because of its high education quality.
In this vain, Camosun College is an academic institution that is located in the country and it’s a top-rated school.
This post highlight its tuition, courses, requirements and other vital information.