This article will educate you concerning the Capilano University acceptance rate, tuition, courses, and admission requirements including other important knowledge to note before filing in an application in the school.
Capilano University is a public university that is situated in the city of North Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada.
The Canadian higher educational institution was established in 1968 as Capilano College, but was later promoted to university category in 2008.
This prestigious school had a wide range of academic programs spread across many courses including liberal arts, career and professional.
More so, these courses are offered at both the undergraduate and the postgraduate level of study.
Moreover in 2008, the school earned an accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The university also receives and assists multinational or international scholars with numerous fields of disciplines to make their studies at the university wonderful and profitable.
It is also important to note that the Canadian universities houses about 2,000 international students from 73 countries, nations, and regions around the world.
Capilano University Tuition Fees for International Students
The expense of tuition for international and nonresidential scholars is relatively inexpensive when described in relation to other universities in the country.
Capilano University charges a non-refundable application fee of $ 135 and this is compulsory for both the local and foreign students.
However, do note that as an international student applying to study at this prestigious academic institution for the first time, you’ll need to pay one-time preliminary fee of a $ 5,000 for security and warranty.
This deposit will be applied towards your international tuition fees once you have enrolled for the institution’s academic programs.
More so, tuition fees for international students in this prestigious Canadian educational institution ranges from CAD 10,926 – 26,405 depending on the academic program, duration and its equivalent enrollment fee.
In addition to tuition fees, you will pay specific incidental fees, such as student union membership fees, late payment fees, transcript and transit pass costs, and other special services.
Capilano University courses
Capilano university is home to many undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs and they are listed below;
- 2D Animation & Visual Development
- 3D Animation for Film and Games
- Academic Studies
- Accounting Assistant
- Acting for Stage and Screen
- Advanced Arts & Entertainment Management
- Animation Fundamentals
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (Autism)
- Arts – Creative Writing
- Arts – English
- Arts and Entertainment Management
- Business Administration
- Cinema Studies
- College and University Preparation
- Communication Studies
- Community Capacity Building
- Community Leadership and Social Change
- Conducting in Music
- Contract Law
- Costuming for Stage and Screen
- Design in Visual Communication (IDEA program)
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Infant and Toddler
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Special Needs
- Education and Employment Access
- Education Assistant
- Engineering Transition
- English for Academic Purposes 3
- English for Academic Purposes 4
- Global Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Grip Work for Digital Imaging and Film
- Health Care Assistant
- Indigenous Digital Filmmaking
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Management
- Jazz Studies
- Jazz Studies – Education
- Jazz Studies – Performance/Composition
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Legal Studies (Paralegal)
- Lighting for Digital Imaging and Film
- Lil’wat Nation Language & Culture
- Local Government Administration
- Local Government Administration (Advanced)
- Local Government Leadership Development
- Motion Picture Arts
- Music Therapy
- Musical Theatre
- North American and International Management
- North American Business Management
- North American Business Management Applied
- Outdoor Recreation Management
- Performing Arts
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Retail Business Fundamentals
- Science – Biology
- Sechelt Nation Language and Culture
- Technical Theatre
- Tourism Management
- Tourism Management Co-operative Education
- Tourism Management International
- Tourism Marketing
- University One for Aboriginal Learners
- Visual Effects for Film, Streaming & Immersive Media
General Admission Requirements of Capilano University
The admission requirements of Capilano University depend on the program, however, at a minimum, most academic field of disciplines only need a completement of the following conditions:
- British Columbia High School (Grade 12) or equivalent. The same applies to international high school equivalencies.
- Must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 (60%) calculated in English Studies 12, or English 12, or English First Peoples 12, and two Grade 12 academic courses.
- Upon entering, you may be expected to pass the English diagnostic test.
English language requirements
If the English language is not your first dialect or if you have obtained your schooling in a vocabulary other than it, you will need to take one of the subsequent English language examination tests as part of the necessary prerequisites for your acceptance into the school.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Minimum qualifications required:
- Online test (TOEFL iBT®): 83
- paper test: 560
- Capilano University TOEFL code: 0505
- ELA (English Language Assessment Test)
- Minimum required grade: 145
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Minimum required grade: 6.5 overall, with no single grade below 6
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test)
- Minimum required grade: 70
- Academic PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic)
- Minimum required grade: 56
- DET (Duolingo English Test) – Being accepted temporarily until September 2021
- Minimum required grade: 110
Application and Enrollment
Beneath is a well-detailed guide and method on how to apply to Capilano University as both a national or international student;
The first step is to find a program that interests you. Survey the admissions key data about the program of your choice and try to source for other information about admission.
However, do well to check your program documentation and application deadlines.
The next thing to do is to submit your application in Education Planner BC
As a student you need to apply to this Canadian school through EducationPlannerBC.
And then, you’ll receive a confirmation email after submitting your application on EducationPlannerBC, an acknowledgment message will be sent to your personal CapU email.
The message will include your Student ID number and your myCapU account and email address.
Instructions on how to track your application will also be included. Also, all future CapU messages will be sent to your “myCapU” email.
If you are applying to CapU as a new student, you can use your myCapU account to request admission rewards.
More so, you’ll need to submit your official transcripts. Even though you submitted a digital copy of your transcripts on EducationPlannerBC, you must submit official high school and college transcripts for admission.
Official document includes the following:
- Official high school, college, or college transcripts
- Certified documents
You can also send photocopies of your academic documents verified by the issuing council. These authorities include the Ministry of Education, your high school, university or college, the apostille or the appropriate examination board.
Original academic reports.
An academic document is considered original if it is issued by the institution in accordance with the institution’s policies. Therefore, notarized copies are not accepted.
And the last but not the least step is to complete additional program requirements.
Some other programs may have more admission requirements. You will need to work directly with that program to complete your application.
Examples of these extra provisions may include a portfolio demonstration, an interview, or an audition.
Acceptance into these academic disciplines may need you to pay a tuition and deposit to confirm your attendance.
That was all on Capilano University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements. What are your thoughts about the Canadian school?