If you are searching for one of the best private universities to attend in Washington, D.C, United States, search no further; The Catholic University of America is a good pick.
It is situated on 620 Michigan Ave. NE, Washington, DC. There are about 50 buildings inside the school standing firm on about 176 acres.
The Catholic University of America follows a selective admission process with an acceptance rate of 84%. The university is test-optional from the past five years, giving applicants the choice to submit their ACT or SAT scores as part of the application. Many colleges and universities require standardized exams to study in the USA. Freshman applications are evaluated based on the candidate’s academic performance and classroom performance.
Catholic University of America admission status will not change during the COVID-19 outbreak, international travel and visa policies are constantly updated by U.S. and foreign governments. Application and payment are accepting through online mode only. The university accepts application on a rolling basis.
- The Catholic University invites applications in fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- It accepts undergraduate applications online through the Common Application portal.
- Due to the pandemic, the application deadline was extended until June 01.
- Graduate applicants must apply through the Catholic University online application portal.
- The application deadlines of graduate application vary by program.
- The applicants seeking admission to the Columbus School of Law apply as directed by the Law School Admission Council.
- The admission committee does not consider standardized test scores while reviewing the application for admission.
- Students from other colleges and universities can apply for Summer Session directly through Cardinal Station.
|Application Portal||Online Portal and the Common Application Portal|
|Application Fee||Undergraduate Applicants: No Fees
Graduate Applicants: 60 USD
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Average GPA score||3.46|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants, Loans|
Catholic University Admission Deadlines
Candidates are requested to submit their applications before the deadlines for them to be considered for admission. The University does not entertain late applications. Here are the deadlines for undergraduate students that must be kept in mind before making an application.
|Fall Semester||Early Action: November 01
Early Decision I: November 15
Early Decision II: January 15
Regular Decision: January 15
|Spring Semester||Regular Decision and Early decision I: January 15
Early Decision II: March 01
For graduate students, the deadlines vary by course. Students are recommended to check the respective program pages for better idea of deadlines.
Catholic University International Admissions
The Catholic University does not charge application fees for undergraduate admission. However, they charge application fees for graduate admission. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the decision is confirmed within 4-5 weeks of application submission. The Catholic University admission process is the same for domestic and international applicants except for some additional requirements that the international applicants have to fulfill.
- Undergraduate: No fees
- Graduate: 60 USD
- Original transcripts
- Statement of financial support
- Personal essay in English
- Letters of recommendation
- English Proficiency Test Score
- SAT or ACT score is optional
English Proficiency Test Score
VISA Process for International Students
International applicants require an F1-J1 visa to study in the USA. Here are the visa application requirements and processes applicants must follow.
- Submit your application for admission at the Catholic University of America
- On acceptance, you will receive a call letter of admission from the Catholic University of America
- Then the university will issue the I-20 form
- Now fill-up the form and submit the following documents:
- Original passport.
- Passport size photographs.
- Pay the SEVIS fee through online mode
- Now schedule your visa interview at the local US Embassy.
Catholic University Undergraduate Admission
The Catholic University of America offers admission in more than 60 undergraduate programs to the aspirants. The university does not charge application fees for undergraduate admission. Applications are accepted through the Common Application portal. The university follows a test-blind policy and does not consider standardized test scores viz. SAT or ACT scores as part of the application review process.
Where to apply: The Common Application portal
Application Fee: No Fees
- A completed Common Application
- The Common Application Essay
- Official high school transcripts
- Secondary school report with Counselor letter
- Letter of recommendation
- ZeeMee profile (optional)
Catholic University Graduate Admissions
The Catholic University of America offers admission in 150 graduate programs to students. Applicants can apply through the Catholic University online application portal. The applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application process and requirements are the same for both international and domestic applicants. However, the application process and requirements vary by program. International must submit the application fees The general admission requirements are mentioned below.
|Requirements||Master Of Science In Business||Master of Science in Biotechnology||Master of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science||Master’s in Civil Engineering||Master Of Science In Management|
|Letter of Recommendation||2-letters of recommendation||3-letters of recommendation||2 or more letter of recommendation||2-letters of recommendation||2-letters of recommendation|
|Current Resume||Required||Required||Not Required||Required||Required|
|GPA||Min 3.0||Min. 3.0||Min. 3.0||Min. 3.0||Min. 3.0|
|Work Experience||0-4 yr.||Required||Not Required||Not required||Not Required|
The Catholic University of America accepts applications on a rolling basis. The applications are reviewed based on the candidates’ classroom performance and academic excellence. The university follows test-blind policy and does not consider standardized test scores while processing applications. The admission decision is declared within 4-5 weeks of application submission. The university accepts applications for Fall/Spring/ Summer sessions.