Central Michigan University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Central Michigan University was established in 1892 as a public university. It boasts a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,048 students (fall 2020), a rural environment, and a 480-acre campus. The academic calendar is semester-based. Central Michigan University has ranked #239 in National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022 edition. In-state students’ tuition and fees are $13,538; tuition and fees for out-of-state students are $13,538.
Central Michigan University is located in Mount Pleasant, about 150 miles northwest of Detroit. CMU offers bachelor’s degrees in more than 200 subjects and master’s degrees in various fields, such as business, health, and fine arts. CMU is one of the top 100 institutions in the United States, with more than 50 sites around the continent, including Hawaii and Canada.
CMU students can participate in approximately 400 groups, numerous fraternities and sororities, and the CMU Volunteer Center on the Mount Pleasant campus. Many student volunteers participate in the Alternative Break program, where they volunteer during their vacations from school in areas like New Orleans and Brazil.
CMU also sponsors several annual activities, including a cardboard boat race during Homecoming and Native American Heritage Month, during which the institution honors its ties with the Saginaw Chippewa Tribe. Student-athletes can participate in leisure sports or try out for the NCAA Division I Mid-American Conference’s more than 15 CMU Chippewas varsity teams. Dick Enberg, a sports announcer, is a CMU alumnus.
Central Michigan University Rankings
- #239 in National Universities (tie)
- #143 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- #118 in Top Public Schools (tie)
Central Michigan University Acceptance Rate
Central Michigan University has a 69% acceptance rate. Half of Central Michigan University’s admitted students had an SAT score of 1000 to 1210 or an ACT score of 20 to 26. However, one-fourth of approved applicants received scores higher than these ranges, while the other quarter received lower scores. Central Michigan University has a sliding application deadline and a $40 application fee.
Central Michigan University Transfer Acceptance Rate
In previous years, Central Michigan University (CMU) received 2564 transfer applications. The school accepted a staggering 1698 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Central Michigan University (CMU) is 66.22%. This shows how competitive it is to get a transfer into Central Michigan University (CMU)Central Michigan University
Central Michigan University Tuition & Financial Aid
In-state tuition at Central Michigan University is $13,538; out-of-state tuition is $13,538. Central Michigan University is more expensive than the national average cost of in-state tuition, which is $11,331. The tuition is less expensive for out-of-state students than the national average of $27,028 for out-of-state tuition.
Tuition and fees, generally known as the sticker price, are included in these statistics. Library services, student exercise facilities, student centers, technology resources, and campus health centers may all be covered by fees, which vary by university. Consider the overall cost and the net price when comparing the costs of different institutions. The total price includes the sticker price, housing and board, books and supplies, transportation, and personal expenditures.
The total cost of attendance at Central Michigan University is $26,716 for in-state students and $26,716 for out-of-state students. The net price is the average cost after financial assistance and scholarships are deducted from the overall cost, which is $15,949 for out-of-state students and $18,421 for in-state students receiving need-based help on average.
Central Michigan University Transfer Application Requirements
- Minimum GPA: Transfer applicants must have a minimum college grade point average of 2.00.
- Official Transcripts: All applicants must submit official transcripts from previous educational institutions. A copy of the applicant’s official high school transcript is required only if the applicant has less than 30 credit hours.
- SAT Scores: Some children may be advised to take standardized tests, and they will be contacted if this is necessary.
- Letters of Recommendation: Some students will be asked to provide a statement of good standing from their previous institution(s), and they will be contacted if this is required.
- Essay: Some students are advised to write an essay or make a personal statement, and they will be told if this is required.
- Application Fee: $35 application fee.
- Interview: Some students are suggested for an interview, and they will be notified if one is required.
Central Michigan University Transfer Credit Policy
- Minimum Grade: The lowest grade earned for any course that may be transferred for credit is a C- or higher.
- Credits (Min/Max): A transfer applicant must have completed a minimum of 15 credits or apply as an entering freshman. The maximum number of credits or courses that can be transferred from a two-year university is 62, while the maximum number of credits or courses that can be transferred from a four-year institution is 90.
To transfer to Central Michigan University, what GPA are you need to have?
Central Michigan University (CMU) accepts a competitive 66.22 percent of transfer candidates. You should have a current GPA of at least 3.41 if you want to transfer to Central Michigan University (CMU). Ideally, your GPA will be around 3.55. You will also be required to provide standardized test results.
Is it difficult to transfer to CMU?
Carnegie Mellon’s transfer acceptance rate is 7.26 percent. This demonstrates the difficulty of the transfer process. To complete the transfer procedure, students must meet several crucial requirements.
Is it possible to transfer to Carnegie Mellon?
Accepts Transfers: Carnegie Mellon accepts a small number of transfer students each year, depending on space. Transfer policies differ from one college to the next. Within Carnegie Mellon, transfer students will be considered for only one college or program.
To transfer to Central Michigan University, how many credits do you need?
The amount of transfer credits that can be transferred to CMU is unlimited; however, we do have a graduation requirement of 60 credit hours obtained from a four-year college.