Chelsea College of Arts is one of London’s most prestigious art and design colleges. University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2nd in the world for Art and Design according to the 2021 QS World University Rankings®.
Chelsea College of Arts provides a stimulating space to develop your creative practice.
The major goal of the education provided by the University is to provide high-quality external engagement experience to students hence triggering their creativity and providing them with better employment. As a result of partnership of the University with Industry, Business and community, it directs the focus of the students towards the opportunities lying in the various industries. This makes it a very reputable institution to study in the UK.
Chelsea College of Art Eligibility
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor’s degree program
- Graphic Design
- Portfolio: Students must submit a portfolio with 12 pieces of recent work to the department in the online application.
- Students must obtain academic approval from the department advisor.
- Students may participate in their 7th semester.
- Textile/Surface Design students must apply online and obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department chair. Textile/Surface Design students are eligible during their 7th semester.
University of Arts London Ranking
- UAL is ranked second in the World for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings®.
- According to the Business of Fashion (BoF) ranking in 2017, UAL Fashion Education secured Second rank of the World’s Top 4 Undergraduate fashion courses taught in UAL colleges.
- Ofsted rated University of London Outstanding in 2017 for Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.
- UAL was recently ranked in the top 15 in the UK for industry connections.
|Annual Endowment||321.6 million|
|Cost of attendance||£25,442|
|Campus housing capacity||3286|
|Student retention rate||88%|
|Admission helpdesk||UAL Portal Or University of Arts London
University of the Arts London Campus
- University campus has specialist workshops and studio spaces for easy access and exposure to Fashion and fine arts students.
- Library and archives are sufficient enough for research on great artists and designers.
- UAL is made up of the following Colleges, each with its own unique personality and focus:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
University of Arts London Residence
- Students have to submit an initial payment of £500 to accept the offer which includes advanced rent and damage deposit.
- There are different room types in the hall including standard, large, twin bedroom and studio room.
- Housing rent includes all utility bills and Wi-Fi.
- All the halls are completely secure having 24/7 available Residence support team along with dedicated Residence Managers in every hall.
- Various weekly events are organised by Social Reps in the halls like film nights and fitness classes.
University of Arts London Programs
- UAL offers full-time and part-time programs of study, as well as online short courses to the students all across the globe.
- There are 101 UG programs, 117 PG programs, 1126 short courses offered by the University.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses include disciplines like Ceramic design, Illustration, Jewellery design, Fashion photography, Furniture design, Fine arts and Fashion Marketing.
- Apart from these courses, students can enrol for online short courses on Fashion textile design, creative computing, photography and Curation & culture.
University of Arts London Admissions Process
International students must meet the specified requirements in order to get admission to the University of the Arts London.
Application portal: Online portal
Application fee: £18
- A Personal Statement in English (500 words maximum)
- A portfolio if applying to a practice-based course
- ID photograph
- CGSE pass grade
- English Proficiency test scores (IELTS 6.0 or more depending on different courses)
- After submitting the documents, the application is processed by the University.
- Selected applicants receive confirmation letters and details related to Visa and accommodation.
- Students must accept the offer within one week.
- Students with International fee status need a Tier 4 (General) visa to study at UAL.
University of Arts London Cost of Attendance
|Tuition||£9,250 Undergraduate Courses
£22,880 Postgraduate Courses
|Housing fee||£130 per week (average)|
|Meals||£35 per week|
|Personal expenses||£33 per week|
University of Arts London Financial Aid
- Loans are paid in 3 installments of 33%, 33% and 34% each year.
- With the help of various scholarships, a fee waiver of £5,000 is provided for full-time Master’s courses at 6 colleges of UAL.
- Students must submit an International Postgraduate Scholarship application form till June 19 for winter semester and October 16 for spring semester.
- Once application of finance is approved, Student Finance England sends a letter with your payment dates or you can check your online account.
- Students can consider seeking financial assistance to study in the UK from other sources too
University of Arts London Alumni
- After graduation, students automatically join the UAL Alumni Association, a global network of 200,000 members.
- Over half of the fashion designers at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
- Notable Alumni
- Tom Hardy – Famous Hollywood Actor
- John Galliano – Head Designer of French Fashion companies
University of Arts London Placements
- Various Regular free events and workshops on future prospects of the courses are organised by the Careers and Employability Service.
- ArtsTemps recruits recent graduates and students for temporary paid jobs across the University.
- SEED (funding initiative) helps the students with aid of £5,000 to start a new business.
- University organises job fairs every year to provide students with full-time, part-time and freelance opportunities.