College of the Rockies Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements: The complete guide.
The College of the Rockies is a public educational provider located in the Kootenay Rocky Mountains of southeastern British Columbia, Canada.
The main campus of the university and the campus of Gold Creek are in Cranbrook. There are also regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere, and Kimberley.
Moreover, this Canadian educational institution offers a full range of academic fields of discipline in College Studies, Health, Childhood Youth and Family Studies, Trades, Recreation, Tourism, Business, and Computer Science, as well as more than 200 online classes.
Read on for more information about the school…
About the School
Located in the Rocky Mountains of Kootenay in southeastern BC, this Canadian educational institution offers scholars a lifestyle and learning opportunities that are tailored to meet their professional desire and aspirations.
The school’s main campus and the Gold Creek campus are situated in Cranbrook.
Furthermore, the college have regional campuses in Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere, and Kimberley, offering unique programs and courses.
Why should you Study at the College of the Rockies
There are some key features of a school that stands it out – this normally gives it a competitive edge over the other.
For college of the Rockies, these elements are also present and here are some of the factors that agrees with why you should study in the school:
- Smaller classes
- Personalized instruction
- Up-to-date technology.
- Excellent support services
- Professional and friendly staff dedicated to student success make College of the Rockies the best place to live, learn, and play.
Additionally, here are some additional information that you might need to know about the Canadian college;
The Mission Statement
“Transform Lives And Enrich Communities Through The Power Of Education”
The vision Statement
“To Create And Deliver The Most Personal Student Experience In Canada.”
“It is not what we say, but what we do that matters”
However, do note that scholars are given the opportunity to choose their academic programs as well as switch them along the way provided there is a change of mind.
Moreover, the Canadian educational establishment is also well-networked hence students are opened to lots of professional opportunities after graduation.
Even so, the Canadian college do also retain some students after graduation given that they meet the necessary academic criteria.
College of the Rockies have different IELTS requirements depending on the chosen course. However, the following are required of candidates with intention to study in the school;
- High school transcript or that of the equivalent undergraduate – as signed, stamped, sealed and endorsed by the responsible ministry, agency, counsel or governing body
- A-level or O-Level certificate
- Recommendation letter
- English proficiency test like IELTS among others.
College of the Rockies Cost of Study and Living
Studying in Canada offers one the opportunity to explore the beautiful scenery of the environs however, it do comes at a price. Canada is one of the most expensive countries to study and live. Despite this, the nation has one of the highest quality of life which is primarily because of the country’s nice hourly wages and salary structure.
Nevertheless, the approximated cost of living per year for both international and domestic students is CAD $11,000. For those opting for on-campus accommodation, the cost is CAD $8,400 annually.
More so, do note that on-campus accommodation at College of the Rockies is more cheaper than the ones gotten from outside the school.
Also, Canada has an abundance of job opportunities so students can opt for part-time study to support their education expenses.
Fortunately, this higher academic learning institute do allows students to work part-time however, the concerned students should ensure that work does not affect their studies.
Furthermore, the average tuition fee per year for undergraduate degree programs is CAD $12,760 while that of postgraduate studies costs around CAD $11,700. This makes this college a relatively expensive school to study.
College of the Rockies has a wide range of academic programs. The school offers certifications such as Diploma, Foundation, Associate degree programs, Apprenticeship, Degree, and certificate.
The following is the list of academic programs offered by this prestigious Canadian college:
- Aboriginal Education Support Worker – Diploma
- Accounting – Diploma
- Activity Assistant – Diploma
- Administrative Assistant Specialty – Diploma
- Adult Upgrading – Diploma
- Adventure Tourism Business Operations
- – Diploma
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Science – Environmental Science
- Automotive Service Technician
- – Apprenticeship
- Business Administration: Sustainable Business Practices – Degree
- Education (UVic) – Degree
- Nursing – Degree
- Biology and Medicine Pre-Major – Associate Degree
- Birth Doula Studies – Certificate
- Bookkeeping Specialty – Certificate
- Business Management Certificate
- Cannabis Retail Specialist – Certificate
- Carpenter – Apprenticeship
- Child, Youth and Family Studies – Diploma
- Criminal and Social Justice – Diploma and Certificate
- Dental Assistant – Certificate
- Early Childhood Education – Certificate
- Early Childhood Education – Infant/Toddler
- – Diploma
- Early Childhood Education – Special Needs Educator – Diploma.
- Economics and Commerce Pre-major – Associate Degree
- Education and Skills for Employment – Certificate
- Education Assistant – Certificate
- Electrician – Apprenticeship
- Engineering – Certificate
- English Language Program – Certificate
- Environmental Studies Certificate
- Financial Services – Diploma
- Fine Arts – Certificate
- Fire Services Training – Certificate
- General Management – Diploma
- Hairstylist – Foundation
- Haul Truck Operator – Certificate
- Health Care Assistant – Certificate
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician – Apprenticeship
- Hospitality Management – Diploma
- Human Service Worker – Diploma and Certificate
- Industrial Mechanic – Apprenticeship
- Kinesiology – Diploma and Certificate
- Kitchen Assistant – Certificate
- Marketing – Diploma
- Mountain Adventure Skills Training – Certificate
- Office Administration – Certificate
- Plumber – Apprenticeship
- Practical Nurse – Diploma
- Pre-Education Certificate
- Professional Cook – Certificate
- Recreation Management – Diploma and Certificate
- Social Work Pre-Major – Associate Degree
- Special Event Planning – Certificate
- Sustainable Business Practices Post-Degree Studies
- Timber Framing – Certificate
- Tourism Management – Diploma and Certificate
- University General Studies
- Welder – Apprenticeship
- Wireless Systems Technician – Diploma
College of the Rockies is an educational institution that is located in Canada. The school is one of the best provincial colleges in the country – having a high and commendable teaching quality.
The academic institution also has well-equipped laboratories and emphasis more on the practical aspect of education.
This post entails information about the school and some key things to note.
Do you find the article helpful? Let’s hear from you via the comment box.