Concordia University College of Alberta acceptance rate, tuition, courses & requirements: The complete guide.
Concordia University is a public research university established in 1974 by the merger of Loyola College and Sir George Williams University. Located in Montreal which is among the top 10 Best Student Cities in the World.
This degree-awarding educational institution is located in a serene, conducive learning environment. The school also has an excellent faculty-to-students ratio hence classes are customised.
Admission is opened to all candidates irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, and background. However, to secure a spot, you’ll have to attain a good academic profile.
- Concordia University College of Alberta is set in a multi-ethnic, international community set-up. Hence, Students comes from all works and angles of life.
- The school provides a handful of opportunities for students to gain experience on their respective course of study. One of such ways is through internship programs
- This prestigious University College offers excellent undergraduate and postgraduate research opportunities.
- There is a presence of academic honesty in this college
- The university offers more than 60 major, minors, and specialised degree programs
|Name of the University||Concordia University|
|Endowment Value||CAD 1 Billion|
|Intakes||September, January, May|
|IELTS||6.5 and above|
|CGPA||3.0 and above|
Concordia University Acceptance Rate
One of the important factors to consider when applying for college is the acceptance rate. This metric is used to determine the possibility/probability of an aspiring student’s admission likelihood.
It is determined by a lot of academic components including the faculty-to-students ratio. Nevertheless, Concordia University College of Alberta has an acceptance rate of 78.2%, Concordia university is considered a highly competitive school of higher learning. As a prospective student, you need to be fully aware of some important facts about the school to stand a better chance of gaining entry.
This varies with the academic year and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get into the university.
Concordia University may be accepting transfer students just like you. From here you can see how your courses may transfer into credits. However, the current transfer student ratio is 0%.
Concordia University College of Alberta: Tuition
Overview: Augustana University college charges students tuition fees based on number of credits.
- 3 Credits: $990.00
- 6 Credits: $1,980.00
- 9 Credits: $2,970.00
- 12 Credits: $3,960.00
- 15 Credits: $4,455.00
Equivalent compulsory fees
- 3 Credits: $146.42
- 6 Credits: $292.84
- 9 Credits: $439.25
- 12 Credits: $488.75
- 15 Credits: $497.00
- 3 Credits: $2,010.00
- 6 Credits: $4,020.00
- 9 Credits: $6,030.00
- 12 Credits: $8,040.00
- 15 Credits: $10,050.00
Equivalent compulsory fees
- 3 Credits: $158.00
- 6 Credits: $316.00
- 9 Credits: $474.25
- 12 Credits: $523.75
- 15 Credits: $532.00
- International Graduate Fee: $2225.00-$6400.00
- International Fee: $325 per credit $3,900.00 per term
- Repatriation Fee: $50.00 per year
- Concordia Students’ Association Benefit Plan: $300.00 per year
- International Insurance: $250.00 per term or $500.00 two terms
Note: Apart from being on a scholarship, students are allowed to cater for their feeding, books, accommodation, transportation, course materials, plus other academic and personal needs.
Concordia University College of Alberta: Courses
One of the many merits of this notorious college is the availability of over 60 major, minors, and specialised degree programs. The school, generally has a diversified courses that cuts across many fields and disciplines.
Hence, students enjoys the benefits of exploring some of these programs based on what suit them the most. Listed below are some of the courses offered at this Canadian university;
- Biology (Major)
- Biology (Minor)
- Biology (Concentration)
- Canadian studies
- Chemistry (Major)
- Chemistry (Minor)
- Chemistry (Concentration)
- Conflict management
- Data Management
- Drama (minor)
- Drama (concentration)
- Early Childhood Education
- Education (minor)
- Educational Leadership
- English language (major)
- English language (minor)
- English language (concentration)
- Environmental Health
- Environmental public health practice
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Science (concentration)
- Environmental science (major)
- Forensic studies
- French (minor)
- French (concentration)
- History (concentration)
- History (minor)
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance
- Information Security
- Information Systems Assurance Management
- Information Systems Security Management
- Information Technology and Computing Science
- Information Technology (major)
- Mathematics (Major)
- Mathematics (Minor)
- Mathematics (Concentration)
- Music (Major)
- Music (Minor)
- Music (Concentration)
- Philosophy (Minor)
- Philosophy (Concentration)
- Physical Education and Sports Studies
- Political Economy
- Political Science
- Psychological Assessment
- Psychology (Major)
- Psychology (Minor)
- Psychology (concentration)
- Public Health for Vulnerable Populations
- Public Health Leadership
- Public Health Strategic Communication
- Religious Studies (Major)
- Religious Studies (Minor)
- Religious Studies (concentration)
- Science and management dual degrees program
- Sociology (Major)
- Sociology (Minor)
- Sociology (concentration)
Concordia University College of Alberta demands a fairly competitive admission criteria. Here is what you need to know about its admission requirements;
- Official transcript: You’ll need to apply for this one from the school you previously attended.
- Recommendation letter: This is a testimonial of character and learning. With it, Concordia university college of Alberta will ascertained that you’re trustworthy and deserving of a spot in the school.
- CGPA: The Concordia University College of Alberta has an cumulative grade-point average requirement of 3.0
- A or O-level: Though not specified, the required advanced or ordinary level results should average “B”.
- Official transcript: You’ll need to apply for this one from the school you previously obtained your undergraduate degree from.
- Recommendation letter: This is a testimonial of character and learning.
- CGPA: The Concordia University College of Alberta has a cumulative grade-point average requirement of 3.0
- Strong Academic Undergraduate Work: This basically encompasses research works, practical experience, internships, projects, and so on. The better your undergraduate academic work, the higher the chances of getting admitted.
Concordia University Intakes and Deadline
The Concordia University offers admission to various courses during these intakes:
|Fall Intake (Primary Intake)||September–December||March 1 (International students are encouraged to apply by February 1)|
|Winter Intake (Secondary Intake)||January–April||November 1 (International students are encouraged to apply by September 1)|
|Summer Intake||May-August||July to December|
That was all on the Concordia University College of Alberta Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements.
This prestigious university is a well-known institution in the county mainly because of the quality of education its offer.
If you find the post useful, kindly share to family and friends you think it might be of help for. What are your thoughts on the article?