Creighton University Transfer Acceptance Rate
Creighton University was established in 1878 as a private institution. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 4,458 students (fall 2020), is located in an urban setting, and covers an area of 118 acres. The academic calendar is semester-based. In the 2022 edition of Best Colleges, Creighton University is ranked #103 among National Universities. The total cost of tuition and fees is $44,524.
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Nebraska, is a Jesuit university. The College Democrats to the Swing Dance Society are among the more than 200 student organizations on campus at Creighton. A newspaper, literary journal, radio station, and yearbook are among the student media channels many students participate in.
More than ten fraternities and sororities make up the vibrant Greek culture on campus. Ministry is very important in the lives of students. Retreats and community service are among the ministry possibilities available at Creighton. The Creighton Bluejays are a member of the Big East Conference in NCAA Division I. Students in their first and second years are required to reside on campus.
Creighton University is divided into nine schools and colleges for undergraduates, graduates, and professionals. The School of Law, School of Medicine, College of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy and Health Professions offer graduate programs. Creighton University provides a semester-long study abroad program in the Dominican Republic and credit for partner and affiliate programs. Summer abroad programs supervised by teachers are available to students who do not want to travel overseas for a complete semester.
Creighton University Rankings
- #103 in National Universities (tie)
- #146 in Best Colleges for Veterans (tie)
- #13 in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
- #78 in Best Value Schools
Creighton University Acceptance Rate
Creighton University has a 77% acceptance rate and an 81.8 percent early acceptance rate. Half of Creighton University’s admitted students have an SAT score of 1140 to 1340 or an ACT score of 24 to 30. However, one-fourth of approved applicants received scores higher than these ranges, while the other quarter received lower scores. Creighton University has a sliding application deadline.
Creighton University Transfer Acceptance Rate
In previous years, Creighton University received 140 transfer applicants. The school accepted 60 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Creighton University is 42.86%. This shows how competitive it is to get a transfer to Creighton University.
Creighton University Tuition & Financial Aid
The tuition at Creighton University is $44,524. Creighton University is more expensive than the national average of $41,281 education.
Tuition and fees, generally known as the sticker price, are included in these statistics. Library services, student exercise facilities, student centers, technology resources, and campus health centers may all be covered by fees, which vary by university.
Consider the overall cost and the net price when comparing the costs of different institutions.
The total price includes the sticker price, housing and board, books and supplies, transportation, and personal expenditures. The entire cost at Creighton University is $58,618. The net worth is the average cost after financial assistance and scholarships are deducted from the overall price, which is $34,723 on average for a need-based student.
Transfer Application Requirements
- Minimum GPA: Acceptance is contingent on a cumulative college GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) or above.
- Official Transcripts: Official high school transcripts and grade scales are required (issued directly from your high school). Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities must also be submitted.
- SAT Scores: ACT or SAT I scores are required.
- Letters of Recommendation: You’ll need a counselor evaluation if you’ve been out of high school for fewer than two years. It is not required to have a teacher recommendation.
- Essay: A personal statement is required.
- Application Fee: Whether you utilize Creighton’s application or The Common Application when you apply online to Creighton University, we waive the application price, so it’s free.
- Interview: An interview is not required for transfer admission consideration.
Transfer Credit Policy
- Minimum Grade: Creighton often accepts credits from other post-secondary universities as long as the course was taken at a recognized institution and you had a grade of “C” or above.
- Credits (Min/Max): Because you must take a minimum of 48 hours at Creighton, you should plan to spend your final two years here. The maximum number of hours applied to a Creighton degree is 80.