Do you still use Discord on your Desktop or Mobile devices?
I think you will be astonished if I say; You could use Discord on Ps4 as well.
For intro, It is evident to know that the PS4 has a feature called “Party” that lets you talk to other players while online, but it doesn’t officially have a voice chat feature. You can use third-party programs like Skype or Discord to chat with other players, but they require the player to download them before they can be used on the PS4.
Want to know more?
Follow this article till the very end to learn how to add Discord to your PS4 so you can talk with your friends while playing games on the console.
Equipments For Setting Up Discord For PS4
- A headset like A40 TR Headset that has an optical cable and supports USB connection.
- A Mixamp or a similar device like Mixamp Pro TR for switching audio between your PS4 and Dekstop.
- Cables – 3.5mm Male to Male3.5mm Aux Splitter3.5mm to 3.5mm with Volume
- You will also need to install Discord on your Desktop(optional).
You can visit the official website of Discord in order to download the Discord app for your Desktop. There may be several versions as well for MAC OS or Linux users.
How to Get Discord on PS4
Here are the steps to get Discord on Ps4:
- Open a Discord Account on any devices like PC or, Mobile.
- Open the Browser from your PS4.
- Search for Discord in the web browser.
- Click on OK and fill up the account and password information.
- Login to your Discord Account.
- Congrats! You have now set up Discord on PlayStation 4 or discord on ps4 and you’re ready to use it!
How to Setup Discord on PS4
- Connect the optical cable to your PS4 and mixamp.
- Go to Settings > Sound & Screen > Audio Output Settings
- Change the Primary Output Port from Digital Out (Optical).
- Connect the USB cable to your base station, and the other end to the computer
- Check that your base station is set up in PC mode
- Start Discord on your computer and change the input device for voice settings to your mixamp
- You can use a 3.5mm audio cable to connect your PC’s speaker output to the mixer.
- You can go back to Discord’s voice settings and change the output device for your PC speakers.
- Enjoy Discord on PS4 Have fun chatting!
How can i join a PS4 Party Chat on PC?
Here are the steps to join a PS4 Party Chat on your PC:
- Download a software named PS4 Remote Play on your PC.
- Login to your PSN account on this software.
- Turn your PS4 on.
- Connect to the Party chat option on PC.
- Run the Remote play software in the background
Can I Connect My Discord Account to PS4?
Yes, you can connect your discord account to PS4 simply by signing in from the app.
The Discord program has grown in popularity among gamers to the point where articulating its benefits is impossible. Discord has millions of users throughout the world, making it one of the most popular communication platforms.
How do Discord Servers Work?
Discord allows you to create your own discord server name, as well as choosing the color design of your discord server. Just like chatting in discord, you can post images or emojis by using either the button on discord or using emoticons. Discord on ps4’s discord servers is moderated by discord admins. discord admins can give a discord channel role, add or remove discord users from discord channels, and ban discord users.
The PlayStation 4 is a powerful gaming console that can stream videos from Twitch and YouTube, browse images in your photo gallery, and listen to music via Spotify or other audio apps.
What if you want to talk to your friends? Don’t worry, setting up Discord on your PS4 is as simple as logging in and pressing X! Despite the fact that Discord for PS4 has yet to be officially released. The PS4 version of Discord is not yet available.