The federal scholarship board has recently announced the commencement of the scholarship program application for 2021/2022. The FSB scholarship is one of the opportunities you would not like to miss. Vast learners team has reviewed the scholarship and in this article you will learn the following:
- What the FSB scholarship is all about
- Application requirements.
- How to apply for the F S B scholarship
- Examination/ interview dates and application deadline
- Selection criteria- How they select the winners of the scholarship funds.
FSB scholarship- What it is all about.
The FSB scholarship program is conducted every year by the Federal ministry of Education. FSB stands for the Federal scholarship board. This is the board that conducts the scholarship. The scholarship program is divided into two categories
- Bilateral Education Agreement: This category is for scholarships that are tenable overseas.
- Nigeria award scholarship that is tenable in Nigerian Tertiary institutions
Bilateral Education Agreement. (BEA)
Under this category, there are scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduates.
- Undergraduate studies Tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia.
- Postgraduate studies tenable in Russia, china, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, south Korea. Note that in order to apply for Russia, your undergraduate must be taken in Russia. Therefore, if your undergraduate studies was in another country, you will not apply.
The Bilateral Education Agreement is mainly for countries that have Bilateral agreement with Nigeria.
Nigeria Award scholarship.
This scholarship is only tenable in Nigerian universities.
F S B scholarship application Requirements.
The FSB scholarship is very competitive and there are many requirements you should meet in order to be considered. In this section, we will show you the requirements according to the areas below :
- Accepted courses for undergraduate, postgraduate and National Awards
- Academic requirements for all.
- Other important requirements.
Accepted courses for Undergraduate scholarship ( BEA ).
- Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Medicine ( very limited) e.t.c
Accepted courses for Postgraduate scholarship ( BEA)
For the postgraduate scholarship, there are no limited courses. All courses are available.
Application requirements for the B E A scholarship.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must have a minimum qualification of five Distinctions ( As and Bs) in the senior secondary school certificate, WAEC ( may/june) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English language and mathematics. Note that the certificate should not be more than Than 2 years old. For african Countries, it should not be more than a year. Therefore, in order to apply, you must have written you WAEC in 2021.
- The Age limit is 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants must hold a first class ( 1st degree) or at least second class upper division in order to be considered. The applicants who are previous recipients of foreign Awards must have completed at least two years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N Y S C.
- The age limit for masters program is 35 years while that of Ph.D is 40 years.
- Applicant must show N Y S C certificate of discharge or exemption in order to be accepted
- You must show evidence of readiness to be released by your employer.
Application requirements for National awards scholarship.
All undergraduate applicants must be registered full-time students in their second year of study and above in Federal or State Universities, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scaleor its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations. For students in HND, they must have Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 scale. For N C E students, you must have Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
Applicants for postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with second class honours upper division. Applicant must be registered full-time students of federal or state universities.
How to apply for the F S B scholarship 2021/2022.
Follow the guideline below in order to apply.
- Gather all your required documents. This is the first thing you should do. You will be needing your W A E C and other results. Therefore, visit education.gov.ng to know more. however for National awards scholarships, you will be needing:
- Letter of admission to the institution
- Current course registration form.
- C G P A results of year 1,2,3 etc.
- current Schools Identity card
- Letter of identification from your state/local government.
- Two passport photographs with your name written at the back and signed.
- When you visit the site, create a profile with your email and get a password. All applications will be done online.
- Fill in the required information, make sure you crosscheck everything before submitting.
- Print the completed application form.
- Submit two sets of the printed application forms at the venue of the interview.
Examination/ interview dates and application deadline
2021/2022 F S B Computer Based Test Venues and Dates From 15th to 19th January 2021
Zone: North – West
- State: Kaduna – Kano
- Venue: Kaduna – Kano
Zone: North- East
- State: Adamawa – Taraba
- Venue: Yola – Jalingo
- State: FCT – Kwara
- Venue: Bwari – Ilorin
Zone: South- West
- State: Oyo – Ondo
- Venue: Ibadan – Akure
Zone: South- South
- State: Delta – River
- Venue: Asaba-P/Harcourt
Zone: South- East
- State: Abia – Imo
- Venue: Umuahia – Owerri
Time: 9.00 A.M Daily
For your own good, you need to apply soonest. No time to waste. If you have any other questions, you can use the comment box below.
This is all we have for this topic: FSB scholarship 2021/2022- How to apply.