Do you love Twitch and wish to stream that special Twitch videos to the Roku device? If the answer to that question is a resounding yes then you are in the right place.
Firstly, there are numerous strategies that can be used to stream Twitch on Roku and one of such ways includes utilizing your smartphone to perform those streaming services.
Moreover, Though it does not have an authorized medium accessible by Roku yet some actions enable one to use Twitch through favorite streaming app on the many Roku devices.
Besides, twitch is a significant multimedia streaming aid that enables one to watch videos and listen to music including games, podcast, among others via the smartphone – be it Android, iOs, or windows.
However, to be able to stream twitch on roku you’ll have to start the with the basics – locate and download the twitch mobile app.
Read on for more information on how to watch twitch on roku…
Connect to the unofficial Twitch channel
One of the ways of connecting twitch on roku devices is through its unofficial channel. The reason for this is that one can wield an unofficial channel to obtain that of its official counterpart.
This can be then be used on a Roku device. However, one will be mandated the entry to Roku account through the mobile web service provider to add the channel to a device.
Below are steps to connect to unofficial twitch channel;
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the Roku Site.
- Sign in to your Roku account if you haven’t already.
- Mouse over your profile icon and choose My Account from the menu.
- On the My Account page, in the Manage account section on the left, select Add channel with a code.
- Enter the text below in the text field on the next screen: TWITCHTVSelect I am not a robot in the reCaptcha section and then select Add channel.
- Select OK in the warning window that appears.
- Choose Yes, add channel in the next window.
Doing so, the twitch should be added.
Connect To The Official Twitch Channel
To utilise this channel to get the official Twitch channel the following steps should be taken;
- On your Roku device, launch the newly added Unofficial Twitch channel
- On the channel, you will see an unofficial Twitch Channel message now available
- Select Yes
- Roku will take you to the official Twitch channel screen
- Here, select Add Channel to add the official channel to your Roku
- Enter the code for verification and select OK
Doing so, you now have the official Twitch channel installed on your Roku.
Use of the official / unofficial Twitch channel
To watch twitch on Roku using the official/unofficial channel, here are what you need to do:
- Launch the newly installed Twitch channel
- Login to your account to access your personalized content
- Start watching your loved broadcasts
Watching Twitch On Roku Using An Unofficial Channel
On the condition when the official Twitch channel is not functioning well on the Roku device due to some faults, then you can opt for the unofficial Twitch consumer.
The customer in this case is termed as Twoku, this can be used in streaming Twitch-based audio and video files.
Also, do note that Twoku is not a public channel hence this necessitate one to visit the Roku web address in order to add this channel. Here is how it can be done;
- Launch the Roku site in a browser on your computer and log into your Roku account Select your profile account in the upper right corner and choose My Account
- Select the Add channel with a code option in In the Channel access code field, type Twoku
- Then confirm reCaptcha and select Add channel
- Choose OK in the warning box that opens. Select Yes, add channel in the window that follows.
- Open the newly added Twoku channel on your Roku
Stream Twitch To Roku From A Windows, Mac, Iphone, Or Android Device
If you didn’t like the idea of the two above-mentioned ways of watching twitch on roku then you can consider this one.
To stream Twitch on Roku using this method, you’ll need to transmit one of your device’s screens to Roku.
The first thing to do is access Twitch on your Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android device, cast that device’s screen to your Roku, and access its Twitch streams on the Roku screen.
Fortunately, Roku supports content streams from the above-mentioned gadgets and devices. Moreover, one might just desire to open a statement on the Roku, and your device can commence casting the screen to the Roku.
However, ensure that both your device and Roku are on the same Wi-Fi Network.
Using Windows 10 PC
If you’re a Windows 10 user, you can cast your whole PC screen to the Roku and get permission to Twitch. Here are the steps to stream twitch on roku using Windows 10 PC;
- On your Windows 10 PC, select the notifications icon in the lower right corner Select Project from the menu that opens From the Project menu, choose Duplicate – this will duplicate the content of your PC screen to your Roku screen
- Select Connect to a wireless display at the bottom
- Choose your Roku device from the list – a message should appear on your Roku
- Select Allow in this message – you should now see your PC screen on your Roku
- To watch Twitch, open a web browser on your PC and launch the Twitch site
- Start playing your favorite streams, which should appear in When you’re done, select Disconnect at the top of your PC screen to stop streaming
Watch Twitch on Roku With a Mac
With Apple AirPlay, you can cast your Mac’s screen to your Roku and enjoy all your favorite Twitch streams on your Roku-enabled device.
Here are the steps to stream twitch on roku using Mac;
- From your Mac menu bar, select the Control Center icon and then choose Screen Mirroring
- Choose your Roku device from the list – You will see a code on the screen of your Roku
- Enter this code in the message on your Mac and then select OK – you should see your Mac screen mirrored on your Roku
- On your Mac, launch a browser and head over to the Twitch site
- Access your streams, and they should appear on your Roku
- To stop streaming, select the Control Center icon from the Mac menu bar, choose Screen Mirroring, and select your Roku device
Watch Twitch on Roku with an Android device
Roku supports streaming from Android devices, and this means that you can launch the Twitch app on your Android device and cast your device’s screen to your Roku.
Here are the steps to stream ttwitch on roku using an android device;
- Open Settings on your Android phone or tablet
- Tap Device connection & Bluetooth in Settings
- Touch Cast on the next screen
- From the top, turn on the Turn on wireless display toggle Select your Roku device from the list
- On your Roku, select Allow in the message that opens – you should see your Android device screen on your Roku Open the Twitch app on your Android device and play a broadcast
- Roku should mirror this stream. To stop casting, scroll down from the top of your Android device’s screen and select Cast Screen.
- Then select Disconnect
Watch Twitch on Roku Using an iPhone
Since Roku supports AirPlay, you can mirror your iPhone screen on your Roku and access Twitch on your Roku device.
Here are the steps to stream ttwitch on roku using an iPhone device;
- Open Control Center on your iPhone and tap Screen Mirroring
- Select your Roku device from the list – a code will appear on your Roku
- Enter this code in the message that appears on your iPhone
- You will see your iPhone screen on your Roku
- Launch Twitch on your iPhone and enjoy the broadcasts on your Roku device
Watching twitch on your ROKU device doesn’t have to be hard. Though it can be done in a variety of ways, this post explains it in a plain manner.
What are your thoughts about the topic?