North Island College Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements: the complete guide.
The North Island College was constructed in 1975 and is a public school under the British Columbia Provincial Department of Education.
This educational establishment concentrates on educating interaction, enforcing small lessons, upright consultant, undergraduates, postgraduate programs, and certificates.
Located in the world famous scenic area – Vancouver Island is a good learning environment in Canada.
|Location||Courtenay, British Columbia|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time/ Online|
|Accepted English Proficiency Tests||TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE|
|Student Retention Rate||95%|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, loans, bursaries|
|Admission Help Desk||[email protected]|
The school is situated in Vancouver Island and have campuses spread across the country. The city is a relatively protected community with welcoming, friendly, and nice residents.
Furthermore, there are numerous activities to select to take part in, and this is the reality for virtually all the people on the island. Also, understanding and speaking the English language is a decent opportunity for enhancing your language proficiency.
Moreover, scholars will more likely enjoy the art, feel the cultures, and partake in lots of outdoor explorations in the safe and active neighborhood.
Also, this public community college was founded by the Candidates government and has a total average of 10,000 full-time scholars, and 800 qualified teaching staffs.
The three campuses of North Island College are located in Campbell River, Comox Valley and Port Alberni.
In extension to having an assortment of diploma courses, certificates and English training courses, colleges have also organized cooperative education projects with UBC, SFU, UV and other universities.
As a result of this development, scholars can switch after one to two years before the North Island, transfer to these outstanding universities in order to continue their undergraduate programs.
Moreover, this will be more cost-effective, less time demanding, and pretty easy and fast.
North Island College Acceptance Rate
Acceptance Rate 67%.
North Island College has an acceptance rate of 67%. Which means that for every 100 applicants for admission into this college, only 67 is usually selected. This makes North Island college moderately competitive.
Students will study in the picturesque Comox Valley where an adventure and quality education await them. The class sizes are small, and tuition is affordable. With an exclusive array of transfer agreements, NIC is also a great place to start studies and transfer seamlessly to university.
Admission Requirements of North Island College
In order to gain admission and study the course of your choice in North Island College here are the entry criteria;
- TOEFL score 550 (230/80)
- IELTS score 6.0 or more
- High school education certificate
- High school performance certificate
- Writing results
- Recommended letter; health diagnosis book; interview
- Personal work or audiovisual
- TOEFL 557 or ESL advanced relationship
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- Take high school diploma or meet results
- Copy of passports
Affordability and Tuition
Affordability is one of the to-consider factors when choosing a school of your choice. In this regard, North Island College is fairly affordable institution. .
The Canadian school charges a tuition of
$6,360 per semester. Accommodation fee: of $800 monthly and a non-refundable application fee of $100 (do note that the prices are quoted in the Canadian dollar).
More so, there are many scholarship and assistive subsidies help programs available too.
North Island College Academic Program
- Associate of Arts Degree
- Associate of Arts Degree – pre-Social Work
- Criminology Diploma
- Modern Languages
- Associate of Science Degree
- Computer Information Systems Certificate
- Engineering Foundations Certificate
- Business Administration Certificate
- Business Administration Diploma
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration – General Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Marketing
- Business Administration Post Degree Diploma
- Business Administration Post Degree Diploma – Global Business Management
- Business Administration Post Degree Diploma – Pre-Professional Accountant
- Office Assistant 1 Certificate
- Administrative Assistant Certificate
- Computing Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Office Management Certificate
- Legal Office Assistant Certificate
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate
- Medical Terminology Skills for Office Administration Micro-credential
- Adventure Guiding Certificate
- Tourism & Hospitality Management Certificate
- Tourism & Hospitality Management Diploma-Adventure Guiding Option
- Tourism & Hospitality Management Diploma-Hospitality Option
- Tourism & Hospitality Management Diploma-Sustainable Tourism Option
- Global Tourism & Hospitality Management Advanced Certificate
- Global Tourism & Hospitality Management Advanced Diploma
- Adventure Guiding Certificate
- Tourism & Hospitality Management Diploma – Adventure Guiding Option
- Fine Arts Diploma
- Android Application Development Certificate
- Web Design Fundamentals Certificate
- Communication Design Diploma
- Web and Mobile Application Development Diploma
- Advanced Digital Design and Development Diploma
- DIGITAL Design + Development Post-Graduate Certificate
- DIGITAL Design + Development Post-Graduate Diploma
- DIGITAL Content Production Micro-credential
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Access to Practical Nursing Pathway
- Health Care Assistant Certificate
- Early Childhood Care & Education Certificate
- Early Childhood Care & Education Diploma
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Infants and Toddlers Diploma
- Human Services – Educational Assistant/Community Support Certificate
- Human Services – Educational Assistant/Community Support, Indigenous Focus Certificate
- Social Service Diploma
- Human Services Diploma
- Community Mental Health Worker Certificate
- Aircraft Structures Technician (AME-S)
- Automotive Collision and Refinishing Technician Foundation Harmonized
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation Harmonized Certificate
- Carpentry Foundation Harmonized Certificate
- Electrician Foundation Harmonized Certificate
- Fabricator-Welder Micro-credential Combination
- Fabricator-Welder Foundation Harmonized
- Fundamentals of GIS Mapping and Drone Operations Micro-credential
- Furniture Design and Joinery Certificate
- Heavy Mechanical Plus Micro-credential
- Heavy Mechanical Trades Foundation Certificate
- Motion Picture Craft Services Micro-credential
- Motion Picture Grip Micro-credential
- Motion Picture Lighting Micro-credential
- Motion Picture Production Accounting Clerk Micro-credential
- Motion Picture Production Assistant Micro-credential
- Motion Picture Set Construction Micro-credential
- Motor Sport and Power Equipment Technician Foundation Certificate
- Parts and Warehousing Person Foundation Certificate
- Plumbing and Piping Trades Foundation Harmonized Certificate
- Trades Sampler Plus Micro-credential
- Welder Foundation Harmonized Certificate
- Welder Foundation Harmonized Enhanced
- Aboriginal Leadership Certificate
- Indigenous Language Fluency Certificate
- Indigenous Languages
- Prep Cook Certificate
- Professional Cook 1 (Institutional Entry)
- Professional Cook 2 (Institutional Entry)
- Professional Cook 3
- Culinary Business Operations Certificate
- Culinary Business Operations Diploma
- Electronics Technician Core Certificate
- Industrial Automation Technician Diploma
- Aquaculture Technician Certificate
- Aquaculture Technician Diploma
- Coastal Forest Worker Certificate
- Coastal Forest Technology Diploma
- Hatchery Operations Certificate
- Shellfish Aquaculture Technician Certificate
- Underground Mining Essentials Certificate
- Women in Construction Trades
- Automotive Refinishing Technician Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Cabinetmaker (Joiner) Apprenticeship
- Carpentry Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Construction Craft Worker Apprenticeship
- Electrician Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Heavy Duty Apprenticeship Training
- Landscape Horticulture Apprenticeship Training
- Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Plumber Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Welder Apprenticeship Harmonized
- Welding Levels B & A
- Adult Basic Education
- BC Adult Graduation Diploma
- First Aid & CPR Training
- Forklift Operator
- Marine Training
- Activity Assistant Certificate
- Animal Care Aide Certificate
- Hospital Unit Clerk Certificate
- Metal Jewellery Design Certificate
- Advanced Memory Care
- Coastal Log Scaling
- Craft Brewing and Malting
- Digital Elevation Expertise
- Farmworker Fundamentals
- Market Gardener
- Sustainable Farming
- Wildfire Crew Member Training
North Island college is one of the best schools to study in Canada. This Canadian college is home to many undergraduate and graduate programs – including diploma, certificate, degrees, post-degree diploma, associate of arts among others.
This post deals on North Island College Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements.