Northeastern State University is a top educational establishment that is located in the United States. Founded in 1898 the University is long-standing hence have been rooted in both the traditional and contemporary education model.
Also, the school is located in Boston, Massachusetts – a city known for its rich academic history growing research opportunities.
Even at that, students at the school are exposed to a variety of innovation in the field of science, technology, and art. More so, there is a presence of good educational facilities to promote practical work and ensure that students are well grounded in their respective fields of disciples.
Northeastern State University also offers excellent postgraduate and undergraduate degree programs. On top of that, the average total undergraduate enrolled in the school is above 15k students.
This further demonstrate the capacity of the school as well as the desire it has to reach out for aspiring scholars.
However, despite being a private-sector investment the school is effectively managed and funded – mostly as a result of its excellent educational achievements.
Let’s dig in deep and see what Northeastern State University is truly all about…
Northeastern State University Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at Northeastern State University is 97%. For every 100 applicants, 97 are admitted.
This means the school is a nearly open admissions school. They accept nearly all students, so for the most part, you just need to submit an application to get in. But if you don’t meet all their application requirements, you’ll be one of the very few people who gets rejected.
Northeastern State University GPA Requirements
The average GPA at Northeastern State University is 3.45.
With a GPA of 3.45, Northeastern State University requires you to be around average in your high school class. You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, and very few C’s. If you have a lower GPA, you can compensate with harder courses like AP or IB classes. This will help boost your weighted GPA and show your ability to take college classes.
Northeastern State University SAT & ACT Requirements
The average SAT score composite at Northeastern State University is a 1080 on the 1600 SAT scale.
This score makes Northeastern State University Competitive for SAT test scores.
The average ACT score at Northeastern State University is 21. This score makes Northeastern State University Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
The 25th percentile ACT score is 18, and the 75th percentile ACT score is 23.
Northeastern University at a Glance
- The university is a private school
- It is among (the 49th to be precise) 50th best universities in the United States
- The school is sited in 73 acres of land hence among the biggest in Boston.
- There is an emphasis on gaining work experience – in short, without doing so a student will not receive the degree certificate after completing the study program.
- This prestigious American University gives students the opportunity to access more than 400 clubs and associations
- The educational establishment is a strong member and participant of the NCAA Division I Colonial Athletic Conference
- Northeastern university is also lively in terms of athletics
- There is also a presence of fraternities and sororities for students to join.
Campus and Student Life
Northeastern University has an active campus. Since the school is attended by students from different cultural backgrounds, there is a universal arrays of activities and participations.
More so, the university offers good student services such as health insurance, medical check up, and tutoring.
Also, safety is prioritised in this prestigious University. Few of the security measures set up by the school management is the 24/7 Patrol service in campus 24-hour.
Secondly, security teams are deployed and present in almost all the corners and spots on campus. This is done to ensure that scholars outside public eye are also being protected from danger.
However, it is advisable to stay clear off danger zones in the school campus because 100% safety is never a warranty.
The prestigious American University has also made arrangements for the possibilities of emergency circumstances. Hence, there is a fire alarm system and 24-hour emergency telephone available.
So, when emergency situation popup, students are sure to reach out for help during these situations through them.
Another security measure taken by the school management is the instalment of light in the pathways.
This is done to provide constant surveillance and even for students living on campus, security is also insured and this is done through the use of key and cards.
On top of it all, students are restricted from sipping alcohol and this extends even to those that have reached the legal age. In a way, this has contributed to the university’s general outstanding security.
Northeastern State University Rankings
Ranking is one of the factors one should consider when choosing a university to attend and for Northeastern State University, this is taken seriously.
Due to the school’s education quality, it is ranked as the 49th national best university in the United States by U.S news.
Even at that, the school sits at the 58th spot on undergraduate education quality nationally.
Northeastern state university has plenty academic programs for both undergraduate and postgraduate study programs. Courses available ranges from minor to major and cuts across professional specialisation.
Being handled by credible tutors and set in a conducive learning environment, these academic fields of study comes with quality. Here are the list of academic programs offered by Northeastern State University;
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Research and experimental psychology
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- General studies
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Elementary education and teaching
- Cell/cellular and molecular biology
- Business administration and management
- Industrial safety technology/technician
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer science
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- Social work
- Operations management and supervision
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Health services administration
- English language and literature
- Audiology/audiologist and speech-language pathology/pathologist
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Education/teaching of individuals with specific learning disabilities
- Legal studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- English/language arts teacher education
- Art/art studies
- Management information systems
- Tourism and travel services management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Social studies teacher education
- Homeland security
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Creative writing
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Mathematics teacher educationq
- Spanish language and literatureq
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Political science and government
- American indian/native american studies
- Art teacher educationq
- Music teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Spanish language teacher education
- Engineering technologies and engineering-related fields
- International business/trade/commerce
- Area studies
- Indian/native american education
- Engineering physics/applied physics
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
Northeastern State University Admission
Given that Northeastern state university has an acceptance rate of 20% it is not easy to get admitted by the school.
This acceptance rate is by and large very competitive hence one should maintain an excellent academic profile to stand a chance of admission.
For a start, an aspiring student should have an SAT score between 1410 and 1540 – this may vary depending on academic session.
Another admission factor the school consider is the ACT score. This ranges from 33 to 35.
Northeastern state University is among the most competitive schools in Boston. This state university prides in offering quality undergraduate and graduate education.
What do you think about the school?
If you’re interested in Northeastern State University, you’ll probably be interested in these schools as well. We’ve divided them into 3 categories depending on how hard they are to get into, relative to Northeastern State University.