Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus is located in Oklahoma. This university is one of the leading schools in the region.
It is a top comprehensive educational establishment which was instituted in the campus in 1993. During the period, not much of equipment were available as the school was up and running.
Over the course of the years, educational facilities improved and more centres were added to the already existing ones.
- The Northeastern State University Muskogee campus was established in 1993
- The school is one of the comprehensive academic establishments in Oklahoma City
- This campus houses most of the school’s health academic degree programs
- There is a provision made for distant learning. This demonstrates the school’s commitment in ensuring that its programs are flexible and adaptable
- The institute of knowledge offers one of the highest quality of education in Oklahoma City
- The academic institution’s online learning program is supported by the Reach Higher Degree Completion Program
- The school has a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs
- The school host local events on annual basis – this demonstrate its commitment in ensuring that community participation by students is encouraged
Partnership and Affiliations
The Muskogee campus of NSU is home to a wide range of academic disciplines. These fields of study have been affiliated with several programs handled by other nearby prestigious academic institutions.
In short, statistics has that the student population in the school is around 1,500. These study forces are opportuned to a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
Academic Degree Programs
Northeastern state university Muskogee campus has lots of academic degree programs of study. These fields of discipline are divided into undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Both of these study variants are taught by credible and qualified tutors. As a result, the school has one of the highest quality of education in Oklahoma City.
More so, the educational establishment have options for online study (distant learning), full-time, and part-time schooling mode. This proves the university’s flexibility which is a pointer of effective learning.
Nevertheless, here are the undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs offer the Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (There is option for RN to BSN programs as well and the study mode is distant learning), – Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences (on-campus) – Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership (the study mode is distant learning) – BS-ORGL
- Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology – Health Professions
- Master of Science in Nursing (the study mode is distant learning) – Health Professions
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy – Health Professions
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies – Health Professions
- Master of Public Health (the study mode is distant learning) – Health Professions
- Master of Speech-Language Pathology – Health Professions
Northeastern state university Muskogee campus has certain admission requirements that must be met by aspiring scholars. Note that meeting the school’s admission requirements can be a sure way to get admitted to study in the school.
Here are the admission requirements of Northeastern state university Muskogee campus;
High school Academic Requirements
Students seeking to gain admission and study a degree program in this school is expected to had completed the English language during college education. This subject is to be taken in its distinctive parts which include Grammar, composition, and literature.
Also, the aspiring scholar is expected to had completed the laboratory sciences. This subjects are to include chemistry, biology, and physics. Students who choose general science are not eligible to apply as the school does not permit such.
Moreover, students are also expected to had taken mathematics. The following branch of maths is expected to be completed: Algebra I, Calculus, Algebra II, math analysis, trigonometry, geometry and Advanced Placement statistics.
Furthermore, aspiring scholars are expected to take history and Citizenship Skills subject. This is to be from the areas of : American history, economics, general history, government, geography, civics and/or non-Western culture.
Additionally, potential students are also expected to have a knowledge on computer science and any foreign language. This is aside making a pick from any of the above-mentioned subjects.
Admissions Performance Requirements
These are the admissions performance requirements of Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus;
- The scholars must have graduated from a secondary school or high school or college accredited and recognised by the student’s host country education ministries.
- For students who could not meet the requirement above, they are expected to have a high school education and obtained its certification – General Education Development Tests (GED).
- The aspiring student should meet the above-mentioned high school academic requirements to stand a chance of getting admitted to the university
- Applicants are expected to pass battery tests to eligible for admission. Example of such standard test is the American College Testing (ACT) program which is mostly for United States students
Grade Point Average (GPA) Admission Requirements
Grade point average is one of the criteria for admission required by Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus. Students who wish to study in this prestigious University should hit a GPA of 2.70 or more on a grading point scale of 4.00.
More so, aspring scholars are expected to have an average GPA of 2.7% on 15 college or secondary school subjects. In addition to this, eligible students should have a good battery test – a score of 20 is more for ACT.
Nevertheless, students are expected to be among the 50% best in their graduating class. This policy is not affected by the class size hence big and small populated classes are calculated the same.
Admission Requirements For Transfer Students
Here is the admission requirements for transfer students seeking to pursue their undergraduate studies in Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus;
- 7-23 hours for a Grade Point Average of 1.7 GPA
- The transfer student must also meet the school’s admission performance and high school academic requirements
- 24-29 hours for a GPA of 1.7
- From 30 hours above for a GPA of 2.0
That was all on Northeastern State University, Muskogee campus. What are your thoughts about the school?