Royal Roads University is an educational establishment that is located in Canada. Also known as RRU, this school is described as a professional university, admission to RRU helps professionals to continue their studies while maintaining their careers.
RRU provides world-class, innovative and competitive applied post-secondary education to career-minded professionals and individuals in Canada and abroad through an environment that meets their needs and is financially self-sufficient, including those involved socially and environmentally.
|Size of Campus||2.2Km²|
|No of Campus||1|
|Address||2005 Sooke Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2, Canada|
After the decommissioning of the RRMC in 1995, the government of British Columbia founded Royal Roads University as a public university to offer applied and professional degree programs.
The government views RRMC alumni as part of the broader RRU alumni community.
Currently, the University has graduated more than 20,000 students in the areas of leadership, business, environment, communication, tourism, hospitality and social justice who have employment opportunities in more than 60 countries around the world.
Royal Roads University Acceptance Rate
Royal Roads University has an acceptance rate of 60%. The selection of the candidate is purely based on merit. The requirements are the requisite scores for the defined institutions and degrees making it a little less competitive. 60-65% in the best 5 subjects is a mandatory requirement that is to be fulfilled by the candidate.
Royal Roads University Ranking
The 2011 National Student Engagement Survey (NSSE) ranked Royal Roads University the top public university for an active and collaborative academic experience and level of academic challenge.
The Globe and Mail’s 2008 Canadian University reports assigned RRU grades in specific categories along with 55 other universities.
This was based on Globe and Mail’s student satisfaction survey. Royal Roads University was one of the 14 colleges in the assessment pool of fewer than 4,000 students and was assigned a grade of B-:
Tuition fees at Royal Roads University
The tuition for local students studying PhD Programs is $79,460 while domestic students are charged within the range of $21,630 to $39,450.
Moreover, International students pay around $27,830 to $45,650 for graduate programs. For undergraduate studies, domestic students pay tuition of around $13,056 to $17,680 while International students are charged within the range of $26,624 to $35,360.
Furthermore, the tuition deposit for national students is $550 while that of the
International students is $5,000.
To be eligible to apply to degree programs at RRU, you must be a current student or have graduated from a recognized college preparatory school or high school with a minimum score of B (73%) average in four 12th grade academic courses , including English. 12.
Additional requirements include:
The completion of the following approved courses:
Foundations of Mathematics 11 or Precalculus 11
Social Studies 11/12 of BC High School Curriculum or equivalent
You must complete the following steps and submit all supporting documents; then your application will be evaluated. Follow the steps below to apply.
1. Apply Online
With your email address, create an account. Please list your high school diploma, along with currently completed or enrolled postsecondary courses or programs and pay the application fee.
2. Submit Official High School Transcripts
Electronic transcripts are accepted from British Columbia High School and British Columbia Postsecondary Institutions.
Otherwise, official transcripts are expected to be sent directly from the issuing institution or examining body in their original sealed envelope.
Note: International transcripts or credentials are subject to a credential evaluation fee or a credential evaluation report.
3. Write a Personal Statement
At Royal Roads University, you are encouraged to be actively involved in your learning, so you should write a one or two page essay that answers the following questions:
What informed your decision to apply to Royal Roads University?
What interests you about the chosen program and makes you feel that it is right for you?
Why is it important to you to make changes?
Add any other information that you think might be relevant to your application.
4. Provide Proof of English Language Proficiency
You must submit an English language proficiency qualification report, in case the
English is not your primary language.
5. Submit Other Documents
You must provide a copy of your permanent resident (PR) card with your application if you are a permanent resident or have a refugee status by convention in Canada. You must declare the original card when you arrive at Royal Roads.
Advance Conditional Offers
An advance conditional offer may be extended to you if you have completed or are currently enrolled in your preferred program courses and have met the minimum GPA requirement.
This offer will include admission conditions that must be met before starting your program.
Your final transcript and confirmation must be received at RRU indicating that you have met the admission requirements as of the date identified in your offer letter before your program can begin.
English is the primary language of instruction and communication at Royal Roads University, therefore it is mandatory that all students meet the English language requirements.
Accordingly, you must show proof of a minimum level of English proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing when applying.
More so, Undergraduate candidates are expected to have the following;
- IELTS-Academic: 6.5, no single band scores less than 6.0
- TOEFL-iBT: 88, a minimum of 20 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- PTE-A: 60, with a section not less than 58
- Advanced Coaching Practices
- Graduate Certificate: Asia Pacific Trade and Investment
- Bachelor: Business Administration
- Doctor: Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate: Business Development in International Education
- Graduate Certificate: Change Management
- Graduate Diploma: Climate Action Leadership
- Master of Arts: Climate Action Leadership
- Graduate Diploma: Conflict Analysis and Management
- Master of Arts: Conflict Analysis and Management
- Graduate Certificate: Corporate Social Innovation
- Graduate Diploma: Disaster and Emergency Management
- Master of Arts: Disaster and Emergency Management
- Graduate Diploma: Educational Leadership and Management
- Master of Arts: Educational Leadership and Management
- Bachelor: Entrepreneurial Management
- Master of Arts: Environment and Management
- Master of Science: Environment and Management
- Graduate Certificate: Environmental Education and Communication
- Graduate Diploma: Environmental Education and Communication
- Master of Arts: Environmental Education and Communication
- Master of Arts: Environmental Practice
- Master of Science: Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Arts: Environmental Practice
- Bachelor: Environmental Science
- Master of Arts: Executive and Organizational Coaching
- Graduate Certificate: Executive Coaching
- Master of Business Administration: Executive Management
- General Studies
- Graduate Certificate: Global Leadership
- Graduate Diploma: Global Leadership
- Master of Arts: Global Leadership
- Master’s: Global Management
- Bachelor of Arts: Global Tourism Management
- Master of Arts: Higher Education Administration and Leadership
- Graduate Diploma: Higher Education Administration and Leadership
- Graduate Diploma: Human Security and Peacebuilding
- Master of Arts: Human Security and Peacebuilding
- Graduate Certificate: Instructional Design
- Master of Arts: Intercultural and International Communication
- Graduate Diploma: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Graduate Certificate: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Arts: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Master of Arts: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Graduate Certificate: International Business and Innovation
- Bachelor of Arts: International Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts: Justice Studies
- Master of Arts: Justice Studies
- Graduate Diploma: Justice Studies
- Graduate Diploma: Leadership
- Master of Arts: Leadership
- Graduate Certificate: Leadership
- Graduate Diploma: Learning and Technology
- Master of Arts: Learning and Technology
- Graduate Certificate: Management and Leadership
- Graduate Certificate: Management Consulting
- Graduate Certificate: Organization Design and Development
- Graduate Certificate: Personal and Professional Leadership Development
- Master of Arts: Professional Communication
- Bachelor of Arts: Professional Communication
- Graduate Certificate: Professional Communication Management
- Graduate Certificate: Project Management
- Graduate Diploma: Project Management and Organizational Leadership
- Graduate Certificate: Science and Policy of Climate Change
- Doctorate: Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate: Strategic Enrolment Management
- Graduate Certificate: Strategic Global Communication
- Graduate Certificate: Strategic Human Resources Management
- Graduate Certificate: Sustainable Community Development
- Graduate Certificate: Systems Leadership in Higher Education
- Graduate Diploma: Technology-enhanced Learning and Design
- Graduate Certificate: Tourism Management
- Master of Arts: Tourism Management
- Graduate Certificate: Transforming Child Protection to Wellbeing
- Graduate Certificate: Values-Based Leadership
- Graduate Certificate: Workplace Innovation
That was all on Royal Roads University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses, & Requirements.
Let’s hear your thoughts via the comment box.
My name is Ezisi Paschal. I like to share education news and dedicated to bring you the most accurate information from your institution. You can contact me anytime you have questions about your institution of choice.