Selkirk College, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements: The complete guide.
Selkirk College, founded in 1966, is an educational provider based in British Columbia, Canada.
Some of the study options offered cover subject areas such as Medical Transcription; Anthropology; Electrical code; Biochemistry; Biology; Business Administration; Carpentry; Computer Science; creative writing; Culinary Management; Digital arts and new media; Engineering; and English.
Read on for more information on Selkirk College, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements
Selkirk College Affordability
Though Canada is one of the most expensive countries in the world to study, the same cannot be said to all its university.
In short, Selkirk College is a fairly affordable university that doesn’t charge much on tuition.
The Costs Per Year Charges is CAD$11,000 with the average private income being CAD$5,250.
Meanwhile, for undergraduate academic programs, the average tuition fee per year is CAD$12,140 while that of the postgraduate is CAD$13,060.
Selkirk College Admission Requirements
Official transcripts must be provided as original documents in a sealed envelope directly from your previous school or through an electronic file transferred via the institution’s social accounts.
But you may ask Can I apply without an IELTS score if I plan to take it at a later date? The answer to the question is a resounding yes but applicants who do not submit their English Language scores will earn a conditional offer letter, and this can only happen once.
It is also important to note whether the programs are done online or on-campus.
A Handful of academic fields of study are offered online, while others are done on campus.
Nevertheless, Selkirk College do have a pretty relaxed admission criteria. The following are the requirements for undergraduate application for international students:
- Graduated from high school with an average score of 70% or more. The reason for this is because the higher it is the better the chances of getting admitted by the school
- Aspiring scholars vying to study in this Canadian College should have TOEFL iBT 78
- Or IELTS 6.0 (with no band less than 5.5 points)
Meanwhile, the requirements for postgraduate application for international students are as follows;
- 4-year full-time bachelor’s degree
- New TOEFL iBT 90
- IELTS 7.0 (with no band less than 6.5)
- Some majors require GRE or GMAT scores.
- The school demands an average grade 75%
Moreover, the application materials for undergraduate scholars desiring to study in Selkirk College are as follows;
- International student application form
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- High school transcript
- Hgh school graduation certificate
- High school enrollment certificate
- Examination results
- SAT, ACT, college entrance examination or A-level scores
- Recommendation letter and personal statement
- Proof of funds
Note that some departments will have a limited time composition and video recording and so on. However, you don’t need to necessarily worry about this as it is rarely demanded.
Meanwhile, international student postgraduate application materials includes;
- Completed application form
- Transcripts of all courses at the undergraduate level which is also known as the official translation
- Copy of academic certificate (official translation)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Two recommendation letters (with signature)
- Tuition Notice of Selkirk College
While studying in a school can be fun one should take heed of some factors – and one of the most important of them is the number of academic disciplines.
The reason for this is because it is where the strengths and weaknesses of most schools lies.
Selkirk College is a long-standing educational institution that offers a wide range of academic disciplines. Students studying and those about to are at liberty to take advantage of the school’s flexible career tracking.
Furthermore, one of this Canadian College’s goal is to guarantee that students improve their capabilities and knowledge essential to accomplish their professional and unique objectives in an active local and global societies.
To accommodate this, the prestigious Canadian educational institution offers wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate academic course of disciplines.
Most of these academic fields ranks high nationally and are handled by professional tutors.
However, this Canadian school doesn’t offer much major programs but nevertheless here is the list of academic disciplines available in the college;
- Advanced Interprofessional Diploma in Gerontology
- BC Electrical Code
- BC Low Chemistry
- Blacksmithing studio
- Bronze casting Studio
- Business Administration
- Carpentry apprenticeship
- Carpentry foundation
- Ceramics Studies
- Commercial Kitchen Assistance
- Community Support Worker Associate Certificate
- Computer Science
- Cook training professional
- Culinary Management
- Digital Arts
- Digital Fabrication and Design
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Education, assistance, and community support worker program
- Electrical apprenticeship
- Electrical foundation
- Elementary Education
- English Language Program
- Entry to pharmacy
- Fine Woodworking
- Forest Technology
- General Associate of Arts Degree
- General Associate of Science Degree
- Geographic Information Systems
- Golf Club Operations
- Health Care Assistant
- Heavy Mechanical Foundation
- Human Services Diploma
- Integrated Environmental Planning
- Law and Justice Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Diploma
- Liberal Arts Diploma
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Mental Health and Addictions Associate Certificate
- Metal Fabricator Foundation
- Music and Technology
- Music and Technology Advanced Diploma
- Nursing Unit Clerk
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Office Administration and Technology Certificates
- Peace and Justice Studies
- Pharmacy Technician
- Plant Operator
- Post Graduate Diploma in Culinary Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Gerontological Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management
- Recreation, Fish and Wildlife
- Refrigeration Plant Operator
- Resort and Hotel Management
- Rural Pre-Medicine
- Sculptural Metal Studio
- Ski Resort Operations and Management
- Students Crafting
- SOAR (Steps to Opportunities, Academics & Readiness)
- Social Service Worker
- SPECTRUM: Lifespan Autism Resources & Training
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Textiles Studio
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Unarmed Civilian Peacekeeping
- General University Studies
- Web Development
- Women’s Education
Selkirk College is one of the notorious educational establishment in Canada. Despite not having much popular academic programs, the school has a wide range of minor degree diploma to choose from.
These courses are handled by credible, reliable, and qualified professionals in their respective industries.
This post deals on Selkirk College, Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements.
What are your thoughts about the school?