South Ural State University, also known as но-ралски осударствeнн университет (SUSU), is a Russian public higher education institution. In 1943, SUSU began its academic activities. Chelyabinsk is home to the university’s urban campus.
Ranking of universities. South Ural State University is ranked highly in Russia’s academic rankings. South Ural State University is ranked among the top 5% of universities worldwide.
With almost 34,000 students, South Ural State University is considered a big university. You are not ineligible for admission because you are a foreign citizen. The institution has an academic team of over 2400 specialists to ensure that the quality of education remains high.
South Ural State University Acceptance Rate
The admission rate range at South Ural State University is 20-30% making this Russian higher education organization a very selective institution. International applicants are eligible to apply for enrollment.
SUSU also offers a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning possibilities, as well as administrative services to students.
Application process and the cost of tuition
Because there are only three applications per seat at SUSU, it is quite likely that you will be accepted. The university follows the common Russian semester system for dividing the academic year.
SUSU offers low-cost bachelor’s degrees that cost less than 2,500 USD per year. Those interested in pursuing a master’s degree here should budget at least 2,500 USD per year. SUSU students have access to a wide range of online courses.
The university’s official website (http://www.susu.ru) has further information regarding tuition prices and admission requirements.
South Ural State University has financial aid programs and on-campus housing.
Applicant must be fit in the below conditions for admission to the engineering program at Russian Universities:
- The applicant must be in the age group of 17 or above for admission at SUSU.
- The applicant must have been passed with a government-recognized board or university for admission to bachelor’s or master’s.
- The applicant must have a score-card with a good percentile and compulsory Maths and English as subjects.
- A bachelor’s degree is essential for seeking admission to a master’s in Engineering at SUSU.
For seeking admission at South Ural State University, foreign students must have to go through these below steps in general as mentioned by the Russian Universities:
Step 1: Consultation about the program to choose and then deciding about it, followed by gathering details about the same program.
Step 2: Filling the application form available at the official site of the SUSU, thus completing the registration process.
Step 3: Just after this scanning and submit the copies of the educational and essential documents to the given mail id of the SUSU.
Step 4: Within two weeks of the duration, SUSU made available your invitation for the University entry, but before this step 5 is needed to be done.
Step 5: Completion of the fees for the particular academic year or at least for the particular semester Summer/winter and submitting those receipts to the admission in charge for the confirmation.
Step 6: Finally, the visa procedure is initialized which takes the student’s visa validity for your completion of education.
The list of documents required for the candidates to submit to university is as under and their photocopies, as well as original documents both, are needed as per university guidelines:
- Application form
- Invitation letter
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Academic documents copies and original both
- Russian notarized translation of educational documents
- Passport and copy of it
- Passport size photographs (4 copies)
- Medical reports of HIV-AIDS and COVID
- Bachelor’s certificate (for master’s)
Courses Offered at South Ural State University
List of courses offered in the South Ural State University for Foreign students in different languages:
|Construction Engineering||Computer science and computer Engineering||Information and Computer Engineering||Software Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Software Engineering||Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Any bachelor of engineering is not available in the English language.|
|Information and Computer Engineering||Heat and Power Engineering|
The course duration for the bachelor’s and master’s program of engineering is noted:
- The duration of the bachelor’s program for engineering in Russia is of 4 years total including 8 semesters for a complete degree.
- The duration of a master’s in engineering in Russian and English both is 2 years in total.
Medium of Teaching
The medium of teaching is different for the bachelor’s and master’s program of engineering for foreign as well as native students, please have a look at details:
- South Ural State University serves all the bachelor’s programs or specialist programs of engineering in the Russian language only.
- While the university has put an added advantage for the master’s in engineering in the English Language which is better for foreign students.
Important Dates – Intake 2021
The dates mentioned in the table is totally followed up by the official website of the SUSU and it may vary up to some extent:
|Application Start Date||July 01, 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||July 20, 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||Not mentioned|
Accreditation & Recognition
The South Ural State University is accredited with :
- Min. of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Government
Hostel & Accommodation
The interesting features of the dormitories provided for the SUSU students are here:
- SUSU has 9 dormitories in total, while 3 dormitories are newly added from the previous year.
- It is known for its oldest campus in the city of Chelyabinsk.
- The dormitories have a canteen, hairdressing, computer club, cafeteria, grocery stores, sports club, etc.
- It has all the amenities related to study, rest, comfort, health, and fitness for the students.
- Extra utilities include recreation rooms, study rooms, weightlifting and gymnastics hall and tv, movies watching entertainment area.
- Video surveillance systems are fitted all over the campus and fire safety is also equipped with safety measures in international languages like Arabic, French, Chinese, and English.
- The new dormitories are being cooperated for SCO and BRICS by this year with ratings given to 3-star hotels.
My name is Ezisi Paschal. I like to share education news and dedicated to bring you the most accurate information from your institution. You can contact me anytime you have questions about your institution of choice.