Texas State University-San Marcos is a state university in San Marcos, Texas, that concentrates on only a few programs. Texas State has about 39,000 students enrolled each year, making it one of the state’s major universities.
If you’re thinking about attending UT, you’ll want to learn everything you can about Texas State admissions, including the UT transfer acceptance rate, UT entrance standards, and how to fill out the Texas State application. You’ll impress the Texas State University admissions office with a little more effort and attention.
What is the acceptance rate at Texas State University?
The acceptance rate at Texas State University is 63%. That means, 63 applicants out of 100 of the applicants who meet the university’s requirements are considered for admission.
What is the SAT/ACT Requirement at Texas State University?
Your SAT score should be between 1010-1180, and your ACT score should be between 19-25 to be considered for admission to Texas State University.
Estimated Chance of Acceptance by SAT Score
|SAT Score (1600 scale)||Competitiveness||Admission Chances|
|1180 and Above||Good||>88%|
|1095 to 1180||Avg +||81%-88%|
|1010 to 1095||Avg –||71%-81%|
|925 to 1010||Reach||60%-71%|
|Less than 925||Low||<60%|
How to Complete Your Texas State Application
Follow these simple steps to complete your Texas State application:
- Visit ApplyTexas or Coalition for College to fill out the application form.
- Complete an essay or personal statement, which is optional.
- Ensure your application and essay are submitted before the due date. If you’re applying for Fall 2022, you must submit your application no later than March 1, 2022.
- Send your high school GPA and grades noted on your transcript, either via mail, email, or electronic service.
- Pay the application fee, or apply for an exemption with a fee waiver.
- Send your ACT and SAT scores (optional this year).