Best Nursing Schools in Florida: What are they?
It is difficult to imagine a hospital or clinic without nurse(s). This sect of medical professionals plays an important role in the healing process of a patient.
Hence their presence ensures fast and efficient treatment of patients. By definition, Nursing is a branch of medical science that deals with the therapy of an individual or community.
Nurses play the support role to doctors as they have the power to prescribe drugs and medications to patients. However, it can be ascertained that nurses have different approaches and roles during the healing process.
Though the entire sub medical field deals with how to treat and show care for patients, Nurses tends to be the ones that have taken it to the personal level.
That’s why seeing a nurse forming a bond with patient and supplying all available support is common. This is one significant part of their duties that has stood them out.
Specialist Areas in Nursing
Just like most medical fields, nursing has many branches. Each of these areas of specialisation comes with varying job roles, functions, and duties.
Here are the different specialist’s areas in the field of Nursing;
- Cardiac Nursing
Cardiac Nursing is the specialist that deals with the cardiovascular system. Apart from treating various cardiac disorders which range from heart failure to artery disease, they also provide after-therapy medication.
This branch of nursing also performs several complex functions including stress test evaluations. Given their nature of work, it’s not quite easy to get a certification.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is strictly awarded to competent practitioners that have met the demanded requirements.
Here are some of the sectors where cardiac nurses can be found:
- Cardiac wards
- Cardiac Surgery Wards
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Centre
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Clinical Research among others
- Palliative Care
Palliative Care deals with the therapy of complex disorders. It focuses primarily on mitigating medical deficiencies and ensuring that patients are revived.
The Palliative Care Unit is composed of a combination of several medical professionals that cuts across Nurses, doctors, and psychologists to physical therapists.
They care extensively for patients with chronic diseases irrespective of the age group. More so, while initiatives like early test and diagnosis form parts of their assignments, these nurses deal majorly with the therapy of near-death illnesses.
- Obstetrical or Perinatal Nursing
Obstetrical or Perinatal nursing, generally, deals with pregnancy. This speciality of nursing care for the pregnant hopefuls, the ones carrying a child, and mothers who recently put to birth.
During the pregnancy period, complications are likely bound to occur. These difficulties are mostly due to reproductive disorders which may be hereditary.
Perinatal nurses care and support pregnant women during the period. They also provide prenatal care, support during the delivery period, and aid the new mothers to regain themselves.
While these nurses work hand-in-hand with midwives, they also alliance with obstetricians.
- Oncology Nursing
Oncology Nursing is a speciality that is related to the care of cancer patients. The field is advanced and requires a knowledge of oncology.
Oncology nurses are required to take advanced courses outside the typical traditional nursing coursework as well as obtain professional certifications to be licensed for practice.
They perform functions that range from symptom management to preventive measures and aids in the quick recovery of cancer patients.
- Perioperative Nursing
Perioperative nurses deals with surgery and its related terminologies. It is the branch of nursing that provides care for patients undergoing surgery.
As a result of this, they mostly work in conjunction with surgeons, as well as nurse anaesthetics among others. Apart from caring for the patients in the operating room, Perioperative nurses also provide support for the patient’s family.
These health professionals also assist in providing guidelines for the successful therapy of the patient. It is complicated and demands rigorous academic coursework.
- Orthopaedic or Orthopedic nursing
This branch of nursing deals with the diagnosis and care of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Professionals on this nursing specialist undergo intensive education on the human skeletal system.
Hence, they are drilled on how to care for patients with bone-related disorders. These medical professionals can be found in hospitals, clinics, health centres among others.
- Emergency Nursing
Emergency Nurses treats patients on the radar of death. These medical practitioners diagnose patients with fatal casualties and assist in preventing long-term medical disorders as a result of the process.
They also perform other functions like caring for victims of rape and drug abusers.
Best Nursing Schools in Florida
The United States is a great country to study Nursing. It has lots of medical schools which provide quality education.
Florida is a city in the US with notable medical schools. It also has top-rated nursing schools which have not only ranked high within the State but nationally as well.
These are the best nursing schools in Florida;
10. Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing
Highlights: Jacksonville University Keigwin School of Nursing is located in Jacksonville
- Provides Great liberal art education
- Kicks off the list of best schools of nursing in Florida
- Excellent master’s and doctoral nursing education
- Affordable tuition fees
- Flexible nursing program
- Nice faculty-to-student ratios
9. Nova Southeastern University Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing
Highlights: Nova Southeastern University Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing is a top school
- Quality online and offline nursing education
- Outstanding Master’s degree
- Flexible nursing program
8. Florida Southern College
Highlights: Florida Southern College is among the best schools of nursing in Florida
- Outstanding State-of-the-art facilities
- Top-notch clinical education
- Emphasis on community service
- Standard laboratory equipment
- Presence of employment opportunities for graduates
- Competent tutors
7. Florida Gulf Coast University School of Nursing
Highlights: Florida Gulf Coast University School of Nursing is located Fort Myers
- Outstanding RN program
- Nice outreach programs
- Abundant clinical opportunities
- Rated among the best schools of nursing in Florida
6. Barry University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Highlights: Barry University College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a Catholic-based school
- Excellent nursing Master’s degree education
- Abundance research opportunities
- Presence of financial aid initiatives
- Nice employment perks
- Credible BSN certification
5. University of Tampa
Highlights: University of Tampa is among the best schools of nursing in Florida
- Outstanding NCLEX preparatory scheme
- Affiliated with prominent healthcare systems
- Quality nursing education
4. University of South Florida College of Nursing
Highlights: University of South Florida College of Nursing is located in Tampa
- Presence of clinical experience opportunities
- Outstanding nursing outreach programs
- Excellent undergraduate and postgraduate education
3. Florida International University Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Highlights: Florida International University Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a top-notch school
- Ranks among the best schools of nursing in Florida
- Diversified and flexible nursing programs
- Good online BSN offer
- Availability of both part-time and full-time study options
- Top-notch Master’s and Doctorate degree education
2. Florida Atlantic University Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
Highlights: Florida Atlantic University Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing is located in Boca Raton
- Ranks second on the list of best schools of nursing in Florida
- Excellent research opportunities
- Presence of state-of-the-art medical facilities
- Top doctorate nursing education
1. University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
Highlights: University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies is located in Coral Gable
- It’s the best school of nursing in Florida
- Established in 1949
- Top Master’s and Doctorate degree nursing education
- Commendable Undergraduate nursing track
- Quality online nursing program
- Availability of both part-time and full-time study options
Nursing is one of the most sought-after medical specialists. They provide care and support for patients, standing by them through the trying times.
It’s a rewarding career with huge prospects. If you’re interested in studying this medical profession in Florida, then you’ve just visited the right page.
There are several schools of nursing in the state which delivers high-quality education. This post entails the highlights of these schools and other necessary information.