Best Nursing Schools in New Jersey: What are they?
It is difficult to imagine a hospital or clinic without nurse(s). This sect of medical professionals plays an important role in the healing process of a patient.
Hence presence guarantees that the person in need of treatment does so more faster and safely. By definition, Nursing is a branch of medical science that deals with the therapy of an individual or community.
Nurses play the support role of the doctors as they have the power to prescribe drugs and medications to patients. However, it can be ascertained that nurses have different approach and roles during the healing process.
Though the entire sub medical fields deals on how to treat and show care for patients, Nurses tends to be the ones that has taken it to the personal level.
That’s why seeing a nurse forming a bond with a patients and supplying all available support is common. This is one significant part of their duties that has stood them out.
Specialist Areas in Nursing
Just like most medical fields, nursing have many branches. Each of these areas of specialisation comes with varying job roles, functions, and duties.
Here are the different specialists areas in the field of Nursing;
- Cardiac Nursing
Cardiac Nursing is the specialist that deals on the cardiovascular system. Apart from treating various cardiac disorders which ranges from heart failure to artery disease, they also provide after-therapy medication.
This branch of nursing also performs several complex functions including stress test evaluations. Given their nature of work, it’s not quite easy to get certification.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is strictly awarded to competent practitioners that have met the demanded requirements.
Here are some of the sectors where cardiac nurses can be found:
- Cardiac wards
- Cardiac Surgery Wards
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Centre
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Clinical Research among others
- Palliative Care
Palliative Care deals on the therapy of complex disorders. It focuses primarily on mitigating medical deficiencies and ensuring that patients are revived.
Palliative Care unit is composed of a combination of several medical professionals that cuts across Nurses, doctors, and psychologists to physical therapists.
They care extensively for patients with chronic diseases irrespective of the age group. While initiative like early test and diagnosis forms parts of their assignments, the main battle lies with the therapy of near-death illnesses.
- Obstetrical or Perinatal Nursing
Obstetrical or Perinatal nursing, generally, deals on pregnancy. This speciality of nursing care for the pregnant hopefuls, the ones carrying a child, and mothers who recently put to birth.
During the pregnancy period, complications are likely bound to occur. These difficulties are mostly due to reproductive disorders which may be hereditary.
Perinatal nurses care and support pregnant women during the period. They also provide prenatal care, support during delivery period, and aid the new mothers to regain themselves.
While these nurses work hand-in-hand with midwives, they also also alliance with obstetricians.
- Oncology Nursing
Oncology Nursing is a speciality that is related with the care of cancer patients. The field is advanced and requires a knowledge of oncology.
Oncology nurses are required to take advanced courses outside the typical traditional coursework as well as obtain professional certifications to be licensed for practice.
They perform functions that ranges from symptom management to preventive measures and aids in the quick recovery of cancer patients.
- Perioperative Nursing
Perioperative nurses deals on surgery and its related terminologies. It is the branch of nursing that provide care for patients undergoing surgery.
As a result of this, they mostly work in conjunction surgeons, as well as nurse anaesthetics among others. Apart from caring for the patients in the operating room, Perioperative nurses also provide support for the patient’s family.
These health professionals also assist in providing guidelines for the successful therapy of the patient. It is complicated and demand rigorous academic coursework.
- Orthopaedic or Orthopedic nursing
This branch of nursing deals with the diagnosis and care of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. These brand of nursing undergo intensive education on the human skeletal system.
Hence, they are provisionally drilled on how to care for patients with bone-related disorders. These medical professionals can be found in hospitals, clinics, health centres among others.
- Emergency Nursing
Emergency Nurses treats patients on the radar of death. These medical practitioners diagnose patients with fatal casualties and assist in preventing long-term medical disorders as a result of the process.
They also perform other functions like caring for victims of rape and drug abusers.
Best Nursing Schools in New Jersey
United States is a great country to study Nursing. It has lots of medical schools which provide quality education.
New Jersey is a state in US with notable nursing schools, here are the best of them;
10. Thomas Edison State University W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing
Highlights: Thomas Edison State University School of Nursing has a course structure that can be completed in a year and 3 months.
- The medical school has lots of scholarship opportunities
- This University has an effective nursing career advising track. Student nurses are adviced by experienced practitioners on the way to go.
9. Kean University School of Nursing
Highlights: The Kean University School of Nursing is located in Union, NJ
- This nursing school boost of having one of the highest numbers of employed graduates.
- The school mainly target nurses with passed licensure results
8. Rowan University School of Health Professions
Highlights: Rowan University School of Health Professions offers both online and offline nursing education
- The school offers complex nursing coursework and advanced sub specialists.
7. Stockton University
Highlights: This university is one of the best nursing schools in New Jersey
- Stockton University has Anatoimage lecture room and state-of-the-art medical facility.
- This is a presence of strong networking among the various medical fields in the school. Hence students communicates well with each other.
6. Saint Elizabeth University
Highlights: Saint Elizabeth University offers quality education programs on nursing and was voted best in 2021 and 2022.
- There is emphasis for nurses to partake in community service.
5. Ramapo College of New Jersey
Highlights: Ramapo College of New Jersey is among the best nursing schools in New Jersey
- The school is affiliated with nursing clinics and has well-networked education facilities
4. Fairleigh Dickinson University
Highlights: The Fairleigh Dickinson University is located in Teaneck, NJ
- It ranks fourth on the list of best medical schools in New Jersey
- The school of Nursing has reputable tutors that have helped them ranked this far;
3. Monmouth University Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
Highlights: Monmouth University Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies has a small tutor-to-student ratio hence class is customised to students wants and needs
- There is also a presence of effective career advising track for student nurses
2. Seton Hall University College of Nursing
Highlights: Seton Hall University was founded in 1937, hence offers long-standing nursing education
- It ranks second on the list of best medical schools in New Jersey.
- This medical school ranks #1 on healthcare.
- The university has an extensive library stuffed with millions of educational materials.
1. Rutgers School of Nursing
Highlights: Rutgers School of Nursing is located in Newark, New Brunswick, & Blackwood, NJ
- This university is the best school of nursing in New Jersey
- It ranks #19 on quality of MSN program;
#15 on DNP program
- This premier university is heavily funded and is a performer on research and nursing innovation
Nursing is one of the most sought-after medical specialists. They provide care and support for patients, standing by them through the trying times.
It’s a rewarding career with huge prospects. If you’re interested in studying this medical professionn in NJ, this post deals on the best nursing schools in New Jersey.