Which are Emory University Top Majors? Emory University is an academic establishment that is located in the United States. The prominent American school is one of the best universities in the U.S and this is a result of its quality of education.
The education service provider is also home to many major programs – and of course, Majors are the ideal choice for many scholars. Nevertheless, for the context of this article, we won’t be dealing with all the major programs offered by Emory University.
Instead, we’ll be focusing on the top majors the University has. Read on for more info…
Emory University: Rankings
Emory University has scored well on many academic pointers and hence has been placed high among other elite schools in the United States. The prominent American University is currently ranked as the 21st best of all national universities according to Usnews ranking. This has been actualized as a result of the school’s intensive research, rigorous coursework, and career-oriented programs.
Even so, the academic service provider is ranked the 73rd on the list of best colleges for Veterans. The school also bags an award as the 58th best academic institution in the entire United States on
quality of undergraduate teaching.
Also, Emory University is among the top 25 most valued schools – ranking 21st on that list. In terms of top performers on social mobility, the higher education institution rank as No. 153.
Comprehensive List of Emory University Top Majors
While there are many major programs at Emory University, the following are the top among them…
- General Biology
- General Psychology
Nursing is the biggest and most influential major program at Emory University. The school of Nursing of this prestige American school has been a familiar and frequent part of the best universities according to U.S. News & World Report Graduate School Rankings.
Since 2017, this school has maintained its spot among the top five elites and this is mostly because of its high-quality research and innovation. The graduate program according to rankings of U.S. News & World Report is the 4th best graduate program.
The school also has three accomplishing specialties which have performed well – the Health Systems Leadership is ranked as the 10th best, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner is among the top 15, and Family Nurse Practitioner ranks as the 15th best.
Also, the School of Nursing amassed $17.9 million in 2018 on research funding and this is the biggest ever received per annum. Even so, the biggest part of this massive funding was from the purse of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) which accounted for $8.9 million.
This automatically makes it the 3rd most funded nursing educational establishment by NIH in the whole county. Moreover, current alumni have illustrated distinction in clinical practice by achieving exceedingly increased success rate on board certification examinations.
Just last year, the School of Nursing had an overall NCLEX pass rate of 98.8%.
The Business School at Emory University has been a hit – and for a long time. Also known as the Goizueta Business School at Emory University (Goizueta), this Major covers many business academic fields and is characterized by a highly competent faculty and research-intensive course structure.
There are many departments that make the business school at Emory University and they include:
- Quantitative Analysis/Statistics And Operations Research
- Supply Chain Management/Logistics
- Real Estate
- Portfolio Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Production/Operations Management
- Not-for-profit Management
- Management Information Systems
- International Business
- Health Care Administration
- General Management
However, the unique thing about the Major program is the many of the scholars do get employment after graduation. According to reliable sources, 88.20% of all full-time graduates are employed.
The major’s tuition fees vary and they are broken down below:
- Full-Time Tuition: $68,440 per annum
- Part-time Tuition: $1,615 per credit
- Executive Tuition: $43,492 per annum
- Specialty master’s Tuition: $64,300 per annum.
- General Biology
General Biology is among the best performing majors at Emory University. The top major is segmented into three different paths which are a Doctorate in Biology, a Master’s degree in Biology, and Bachelor’s degree in Biology and they all have performed well academically.
Overall, the American prestigious educational establishment is among the top 10% best schools in the United States for Biology and is currently the best in Georgia. To be more specific, the academic establishment is ranked as the 85th best national school in the field of Biology according to College Factual.
Besides, the following are prominent rankings of Emory University on the Biology Major…
- Emory University is ranked as the best on the list of most popular Doctor’s degree colleges for General Biology
- The Prominent American education service provider is the 90th best in most popular Bachelor’s degree colleges for General Biology
- Emory University is the 11th most focused Doctor’s degree college for General Biology
- The Top school is also among the best 58 schools for Master’s degrees in General Biology
- Emory University is the 15th best school for Doctor’s degrees in General Biology
Furthermore, it is pertinent to note that the school also has one of the lowest salaries for Biology graduates with a Bachelor’s degree. The median salary for this is $23,700 which is by and large below that of the national average which is pegged to $27,600 for all biology graduates.
On the bright side, the average debt profile of biological science students at Emory University is $19,500. Even so, the typical loan repayment amount by scholars of General Biology in the school is a little weigh above $200 per month.
- Neurobiology & Neurosciences
Neuroscience is arguably the most advanced field of knowledge in the history of human existence. It deals with the study of the nervous system and the numerous diseases that affect it.
Nonetheless, Neurobiology & Neurosciences is among the best major programs at Emory University. The school has boosted the quality of education of the Major through the employment of distinguished neuroscience experts.
There are more than 200 neuroscientists from 22 universities across the country. This also includes prominent research centers like Yerkes National Primate Research Center as well as the Centers for Disease Control – known in short as CDC.
Furthermore, the model of teaching is based on five (5) core basic neurological fields of academics which includes…
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Molecular Neuroscience
- Cellular Neuroscience
- Systems Neuroscience
- Developmental Neuroscience
In short, according to “The Scientist” magazine for impact on pharmacology and toxicology research,” Emory University is the best University in Neuroscience.
The Major program which also strongly collaborates with the faculty of Pharmacology is ranked No. 3 nationwide among the most funded Neurology schools by NIH funding.
Its Rehabilitation Medicine program is the 4th most funded in the United States by NIH while the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences sits at the 9th spot on most research funded school in the country.
Besides, the following are distinguished rankings of Emory University on the Neuroscience Major…
- The neurobiology program at Emory University is 60th nationally according to College Factual’s Best Schools for neurobiology.
- Emory University is ranked as the 13th best on the list of most popular Bachelor’s degree colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences
- The Prominent American education service provider is the 43rd best on most focused Bachelor’s degree colleges for Neurobiology & Neurosciences
- Emory University is the 52nd best education service provider for Bachelor’s degrees in Neurobiology & Neurosciences
The Psychology Major program at Emory University is one of the best in the United States. It is available in three different certifications which are a Doctorate in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Psychology, and Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
The prestigious academic institution is among the top 10% best schools in Psychology nationwide and the second best in the city of Georgia.
Besides, the following are outstanding rankings of Emory University on the Psychology Major…
- Emory University is ranked as the 27th best on the list of most popular Doctor’s degree colleges for General Psychology…
- The Prominent American education service provider is the 54th best school for Bachelor’s degrees in General Psychology
- Emory University is the 23rd most focused Doctor’s degree college for General Psychology…
- The Top school is the 36th best school for a Master’s degree in General Psychology
- Emory University is the 27th best school for Doctor’s degrees in General Psychology
Furthermore, it is appropriate to note that the American education service provider has one of the highest salaries for Psychology Major graduates with a Bachelor’s degree. The median salary for this is $34,300 per annum which is quite higher than that of the national average which is pegged to $27,900 for all Psychology graduates.
Majors are one of the ideal academic programs for scholars. Emory University has a host of them but in the post, we have analyzed the five (5) best of them which are
Nursing, Business, General Biology, Neuroscience, and General Psychology.
The conclusions have been reached based on rankings, quality of education, research, and salary of bachelor’s degree graduates of each of the Majors among others. Hope it helps?