Do you want to know information about UC Irvine acceptance rate and admission statistics? Choosing a school to study is quite a difficult thing to do. However, this is more likely possible if you I didn’t allocate enough time to research and find out key admission data.
These are very vital as they contribute to the overall success of your application. UC Irvine, known in full as University of California, Irvine is an educational service provider that is well regarded in the United States. The school offers a high quality education mixed with an excellent social cultural campus life fit for any breed of multinationals.
In 2019, the middle 50% of UC Irvine’s incoming freshmen class had GPAs between 4.0 and 4.25. 25% had a GPA above 4.25, and 25% had a GPA below 4.0. These results suggest that most successful applicants to UC Irvine have primarily A grades.
Acceptance Rate of University of California, Irvine
Acceptance rate is one of the key and vital factor to consider whenever you want to apply for admission in your school of choice. It helps tell you your chances of securing a space with the school which in turn will help you to prepare well in advance.
As a general rule, many schools with high acceptance rate are easy to gain admission to as opposed to ones with low admission rate.
The University of California, Irvine has an acceptance rate of 27% which is by and large very low and competitive.
It implies that if 100 applications are forwarded to the prestigious American University in a certain admission season, only 27 of that number will be offered admission. Hence, if you’re planning on studying in this school, it is best to have an excellent academic CV.
|Number of Applicants||95,566|
|Percent Admitted Who Enrolled (Yield)||24%|
Aside the acceptance rate, there are other factors that one should consider and they include SAT and ACT. For SAT, the average score range requirement is 1230-1430 while that of the ACT is 26-33.
University of California, Irvine Admission Statistics
- University of California, Irvine has an acceptance rate of 27%. This is considered competitive
- University of California, Irvine has an average total applications of 95,565 scholars per admission session
- University of California, Irvine has a SAT score range of 1230-1430. Meanwhile, the school has a SAT Reading score rage of between 600-680
- University of California, Irvine also has a SAT score requirement of 630-750 for Mathematics
- Out of the total number of applications in University of California, Irvine, 91% of scholars has, so far, submitted SAT scores
- University of California, Riverside has a ACT score range of 26-33. Meanwhile, for English Language, the required ACT is 25-33. For Mathematics, the figure ranges from 26-31. Nevertheless, there is no confirmed figure for that of the ACT Writing
- 30% of scholars who applied for admission at University of California, Irvine have submitted their ACT
- Both the SAT and ACT score is a requirement but it is optional and never a mandatory
Major Programs Offered by University of California, Irvine
- Aerospace Engineering, B.S.
- African American Studies, B.A.
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Applied Physics, B.S.
- Art History, B.A.
- Art, B.A.
- Asian American Studies, B.A.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, B.S.
- Biological Sciences, B.S.
- Biology/Education, B.S.
- Biomedical Engineering, B.S.
- Biomedical Engineering: Premedical, B.S.
- Business Administration, B.A.
- Business Economics, B.A.
- Business Information Management, B.S.
- Chemical Engineering, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.S.
- Chicano/Latino Studies, B.A.
- Chinese Studies, B.A.
- Civil Engineering, B.S.
- Classics, B.A.
- Cognitive Sciences, B.S.
- Comparative Literature, B.A.
- Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Computer Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Criminology, Law and Society, B.A.
- Dance, B.A.
- Data Science, B.S.
- Developmental and Cell Biology, B.S.
- Drama, B.A.
- Earth System Science, B.S.
- East Asian Cultures, B.A.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, B.S.
- Economics, B.A.
- Education Sciences, B.A.
- Electrical Engineering, B.S.
- English, B.A.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Science and Policy, B.A.
- European Studies, B.A.
- Exercise Sciences, B.S.
- Film and Media Studies, B.A.
- French, B.A.
- Game Design and Interactive Media, B.S.
- Gender and Sexuality Studies, B.A.
- Genetics, B.S.
- German Studies, B.A.
- Global Cultures, B.A.
- Global Middle East Studies, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Human Biology, B.S.
- Informatics, B.S.
- International Studies, B.A.
- Japanese Language and Literature, B.A.
- Korean Literature and Culture, B.A.
- Language Science, B.A.
- Literary Journalism, B.A.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Mathematics, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Microbiology and Immunology, B.S.
- Music, B.A.
- Neurobiology, B.S.
- Nursing Science, B.S.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Physics, B.S.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Psychological Science, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A./B.S.
- Public Health Policy, B.A./B.S.
- Quantitative Economics, B.A.
- Religious Studies, B.A.
- Social Ecology, B.A.
- Social Policy and Public Service, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A.
- Software Engineering, B.S.
- Spanish, B.A.
- Urban Studies, B.A.
UC Irvine GPA Requirements
The average GPA at UC Irvine is 4.
You must have a GPA of 4 to get into UC Irvine. To compete with other applicants, you will need to have nearly straight A’s for all classes. To show that college-level academics are possible, you will need to take hard courses – AP and IB.
Your GPA cannot be changed if you are a senior or junior student. To compensate , if your GPA is below 4 (the school average), you will need a higher SAT/ACT score. This will allow you to compete with other applicants with higher GPAs.
UC Irvine SAT & ACT Requirements
You must take either the SAT or ACT to submit an application to UC Irvine. Most importantly, your results must be outstanding.
The average SAT score composite at UC Irvine is a 1310 on the 1600 SAT scale. This score makes UC Irvine Moderately Competitive for SAT test scores.
UC Irvine SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
The 25th percentile New SAT score is 1180, and the 75th percentile New SAT score is 1440. In other words, a 1180 on the New SAT places you below average, while a 1440 will move you up to above average.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||635||580||690|
The average ACT score at UC Irvine is 29. This score makes UC Irvine Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
25th percentile ACT score = 25, 75th percentile ACT scores = 33.
UC Irvine does not require a minimum ACT score, but applicants with a lower than 25 will be rejected. Unless you submit something more impressive, it may prove difficult to get in. It is common for applicants to score 29 and higher that academically a 25 would look weak.
UC Irvine recommends SAT subject test. SAT subject tests are generally not required. However, they can highlight your strengths. If you are applying to engineering school, submitting math and science SAT subject tests can boost your application.
Your SAT/ACT and GPA are typically more weighty than your SAT Subject tests. will choose to improve your SAT/ACT score over your SAT Subject Test score.
Reviews: What Students Said About The School
I’m a student graduated in 2019. After graduating 2 years, I realized how great our university is. To be honest, I miss UC Irvine badly. Our campus is extremely beautiful, safe and clean, and there are unlimited opportunities there for you to discover, whether academic research projects or entertainment activities. Our professors are great, intelligent and amiable! They do care students and trying to help us as much as possible. Moreover, UCI also has abundant resources around interdisciplinary subject such as Human-Computer Interaction, and I’ve done two different research projects there with best professors in this area! Overall speaking, I absolutely love UCI and the 4 years I’ve spent in here is amazing and unforgettable. I spent my best youth in this best school!,” a graduate said.
“I feel absolutely confident that I made the right decision going to UCI. The resources this university has available to them is overwhelming. The campus is gorgeous and endless study spots to find all over. The professors I have had are accommodating and helpful and you can tell they have their students’ best interests in mind. It is a large university which can make it difficult to find close friends, but as time goes on I have only built my friend group and met so many people who are interested in so many different things. I truly love it here and I can’t imagine myself anywhere else!,” a freshman said.
“I absolutely love my school. I think its difficult to detail campus life since we all are doing our part to slow the spread of the virus on campus but i can say its a wonderful environment. I have amazing professors that do their best even virtually to help everyone. The food is also delicious! As someone who is vegan, I was nervous that there wouldn’t be that many options but I was surprised to see an entire kitchen section specifically for vegan cuisine. UCI also has many resources that ensure we perform well, from free tutoring and counseling to online events for studying in groups and meeting new people. UCI truly cares deeply about its students and I haven’t had a bad experience with my campus representative. I am so happy with my decision to choose UCI and encourage anyone who wants to have a quality education in a great college environment to do the same”, a scholar said.
There you have it: UC Irvine acceptance rate and admission statistics.
The University of California, Irvine accepts less than one quarter of applicants. It has a highly selective admissions process that includes high grades and standard test scores. UC Irvine is like all other universities in California, but has holistic Admissions. The admissions officers evaluate students based on more than just numerical data. Students are required to submit four personal insights essays as part of their application. Students can apply to multiple schools within the University of California system by simply filling out one application. Even if they have low grades or test scores, students with exceptional talent and compelling stories will be given a chance to apply. A successful application to UC Irvine requires strong essays, and impressive extracurricular activities . The University of California, Irvine will not accept letters of recommendations unless requested. The university does not offer admission interviews.
California residents must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and no lower than a C in 15 college preparatory courses . Non-residents must have a minimum GPA of 3.4. Participating high school students may also be eligible if they are among the top 9% in their class.
Let’s hear from you