This article deals on the acceptance rate of University of California – Santa Cruz as well as its Admission statistics. Shortly known as UC Santa Cruz, this prestigious academic institution is one of the most sought-after in this United States.
Even so, California is one of the education hotspots in the US and houses a good number of both local and international students across the world. Studying in this electrifying location can be a dream come true to some scholars.
Nonetheless, before applying for admission in this school, there are certain key and important data that you should fully be aware of. This will help you and make the application less stressful. Read on as we’ll be exposing to light vital admission information about University of California – Santa Cruz.
University of California – Santa Cruz Acceptance Rate
Acceptance rate is one of the must-consider factors when choosing a school to study. It is similar to a reality check as it helps students to know which and which school will favour them or not.
Nonetheless, all schools are favourable but some of them will require students to put in the extra effort. University of California – Santa Cruz has an acceptance rate of 51% which is considered as “very selective.”
This means that if the total number of applicants in a particular admission period is 100, then a total of 51 scholars would be given admission. This means that nearly half of applications are rejected by this school every year. Aside this, there are other factors to consider when applying for UC Santa Cruz and they include SAT and ACT.
Scholars are advised to aim and hit the score range of 25-32 in ACT. Meanwhile, applicants who used SAT as alternative means needs to score within the range of 1160-1360.
Admission Statistics of University of California – Santa Cruz
- At University of California – Santa Cruz, both the SAT and ACT score is a requirement but it is optional and never a mandatory
- Another important factor to consider while filling in an application at this prestigious American University is College Prep Courses
- University of California – Santa Cruz also requires High School Transcript
- University of California – Santa Cruz does not accepts common applications
- Those who which to file in an application in the prestigious American school can do so by clicking on this web link
- While there is no given admission deadline, University of California – Santa Cruz has an application deadline date which is November 30
- University of California – Santa Cruz has a ACT score range of 25-33. This is quite high especially when compared to that set by other schools
- Meanwhile, ACT score range of mathematics and English language for this prestigious American university is 23-29 and 23-31 respectively
- University of California – Santa Cruz has an acceptance rate of 51% which quiet competitive
- University of California – Santa Cruz has a SAT score range of 1160-1360.
- University of California – Santa Cruz is among the schools which do not offer Early Decision
- University of California – Santa Cruz is also among the schools which do not offers Early Action
- University of California – Santa Cruz does not have a specific application fee. It varies from one course to the other. However, on the average, one is expected to pay around $70 to apply for admission to the college.
- University of California – Santa Cruz does not have a specific admission Grade Point Average but the higher it is, the better than the chances of one securing admission
- High School Rank is another important factor to consider when applying for admission at University of California – Santa Cruz however, it is not mandatory nor recommend.
- Recommendations are factors to not consider when applying for admission in University of California – Santa Cruz
- The Early Decision Acceptance Rate of University of California – Santa Cruz is not available
- University of California – Santa Cruz has a total average 55,796 applications
- The prominent American school also has a SAT Reading range of 580-670 while that of Mathematics lies between 580-690
- 89% of students submitted their ACT to University of California – Santa Cruz
Reviews: What Students Said
One of the hidden hacks about knowing the true condition of a school is through genuine student reviews. These reviews can help you discover more about the school in a broad and diversified scope.
Would you love to hear some students reviews about University of California – Santa Cruz? Read on to discover….
” Santa Cruz has the most beautiful campus and a wonderful student body. Because the campus mostly consists of undergraduates, you do not find the same problems with the bigger UC’s. One has easy access to counselors and tutors and other support. Unfortunately, they did not do a good job of helping students during Covid but I hope they keep up the tradition of being there for the kids.”
“University of California – Santa Cruz is a pretty interesting school. I liked it alot, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Political activism is very prevalent on campus, and LGBTQA+ is very prominent. Town is filled with woo woo plant shops, small local businesses and hipster cafes. There’s a nice boardwalk nearby as well, and good waves for surfers to catch. Greek life is very limited, as the frats aren’t recognized by campus. Parties happen in the forests frequently, although they tend to be more chill than raves.”
“Great environment, campus has a lot of extracurricular options and things to do in your free time. Lots of nice places to study and downtown Santa Cruz is in close proximity and easily accessible via public transport. Off-campus housing is decent. Professors are good and generally very available via office hours and email. Dining hall could be better, but options for different dietary restrictions are available every day.”
That was all on University of California – Santa Cruz. Did you find the article helpful? Let’s know via the comments section.